Day 1.5

"Saihara! Let's play a fun game!" I said, smiling up at him.

He sighed "If you start pinching me again I will put you down."

"Awww Saihara!" I faked a pout, making sure my lower lip protruded as I fluttered my lashes, "Why would I ever do that? I'm offended that you'd say I would do something so mean!"

Saihara let out a sigh, "I'm not sure," he sounded frustrated and tired, "Why did you do that Ouma?"

"Saihara-chan-"

"Please quit calling me that," a blush covered his cheeks, "Let me just focus on finding a shelter or something-"

"Aww does it make Mr Detective embarrassed?" I laughed a little as he let out a grumble.

"Quit!" Saihara took a deep breath before muttering out, "I don't remember you being this annoying."

"And I don't remember you being this boring!" I said grumpily as I crossed my arms.

Saihara just shook his head and looked straight ahead. I let out a huff, turning my head forward.

"There's a river," I said, "Maybe there's a town nearby. You should investigate it Mr Detective."

Saihara shrugged, "We just need to find something for the night," he frowned, "It's already pretty cold and the sun hasn't gone down yet."

"Wow! This must be why you're the ultimate detective! Only a smart detective like you could figure that out!" I smiled up at him.

"So you're going to be no help..." Saihara again murmured to himself.

I closed my eyes. This was like one of those boring summer road trips you take with your family. The type where you end up stuck in the back seat with your cousin you can't relate to, as your family plays kids bop for the babies behind you. The babies that won't stop crying and kicking you. The type you wish would come to an end but creeps on by. This was like one of those, but a million times more boring, and therefore worse!

I tried to watch every move Saihara made at the beginning, trying to figure out whether I should trust him or not. The only issue with this plan is, Saihara is one of the most boring people I've ever had to watch. His movements are predictable, what he's going to say is played out, and his reaction is even more stale than a screen play written by a twelve year old!

"Koki- Ouma!"

My eyes shot open immediately, "What?" I masked my fear with boredom. I didn't like being startled, and I wouldn't let stupid Saihara of all people know he startled me.

"There! I see a cave! I know it's not the best... but for a night or two..." He held his breath as he looked down at me.

"Ok," I shrugged.

"Ok? Just like that? You really aren't going to tell me it's a bad idea or we need to find a village or-"

"Saihara-Chan," I frowned, "I'm a simple man at my core. I don't want to be your sugar baby- I already know you don't have the money-" I paused, smiling up at him, "I don't need luxury, all I need is you."

I wanted to laugh as I watched all of the expressions Saihara made. God I could never get tired of teasing him.

"Don't say things like that," he pouted, no longer looking at me. I could feel he'd begun walking again. The only thing that peaked my interest was the fact he was now faster. He seemed to be sprinting for the first time since we escaped... wherever it was we were being held.

It didn't take long for Saihara to get to the cave, it was downhill afterall. It was clear nothing had stepped foot in the cave for years, maybe even decades.

"There could be a wild animal in there," Saihara said, "I'm going to put you here while I investigate."

I nodded, "You are the genius here."

Saihara grabbed a long stick from the ground before disappearing into the darkness. He was either really brave, or very stupid.

I looked around at our environment, it seemed down here it had snowed less than where we started. The river I saw earlier wasn't too far away from the cave, so when I am healed and can walk again we could follow the river to find civilization.  This was probably one of the best spots we could have found.

I wonder if the others found something similar...

A sinking feeling washed over me. I hadn't seen any signs of the others since we escaped. I wonder what happened to them. I hoped they were ok, but something deep down told me they weren't. I began biting at my bottom lip, thinking about it wasn't going to change anything.

"It's safe," Saihara announced, coming out seconds later, "It looks like someone found it before us."

My eyes widened- were they here last night? Would they come back?

"What makes you say that?" I questioned, trying to sound disinterested.

"Well," Saihara rubbed the back of his neck.

Inside was an old oil lamp that Saihara must've lit. There were three backpacks, one being torn apart, the second one having been rummaged through (probably by Saihara... Again...) and the third left next to the two sleeping bags. Then of course there were the sleeping bags. One was unzipped, nothing too concerning. The second one on the other hand... There was a skeleton in it. Whoever had made this their base had died a long time ago.

A chill ran down my spine, what happened to them? Were we really that far from civilization?

Saihara frowned, "At least we have supplies."

A/N: hello! Welcome back to my fic! It's only been what? Two? Three? Maybe even four years...
Sorry if everyone is kind OOC,,, I haven't written Kokichi or Saihara in years lmaoo
Well I feel bad about never actually finishing this, and there are notes for this so...
Also! The cave thing was based off an actual thing so that's fun.