Chapter 6 Ari

We found ourselves both rushing to get back to the shelter. If he wasn't carrying my luggage, I'm pretty sure we would've ran the rest of the way home. As soon as we made it inside, it seemed like all eyes were on us. I shouldn't be surprised, the game room is directly in front of you, when you enter the warehouse. It's a popular hangout spot. I caught on quickly, which kids were Mages and who were Vampires.

Immediately, I see a person stand up and rush towards us. I noticed Square step in front of me, positioning himself, between me and this incoming person. When he got close enough; I pick up on the familiar scent of a werewolf. So, he must be the lone wolf, Liz was telling me about. Apparently, he's just passing through and requested shelter for a little while.

"Can I help you with something Jamie?" Square asks the lone wolf.

"I was just wanting to introduce myself to this lovely lady." Jamie stated

Square dragged out an "Ok." rolling his eyes. I see him take a deep intake of breath, like he's trying to calm himself down. I guess I'm the only one who caught it because Jamie proceeds with his introduction by grabbing my hand and kissing the back of it.

"My name is Jamie, it's a pleasure to meet you Miss..." he trails off, so I can offer my name but I don't get a chance.

"Her name is Marie and we're also running late." Square states grabbing my hand out of Jamie's, pulling me back towards him.

"Where are y'all running off to? Maybe I can join Ya'll?" Jamie asks

"It's not something I can really invite people to" Square states

"Well, you're obviously inviting the lovely Marie, aren't you? What's the harm in one more?" Jamie asks

"We're already full." Square doesn't give Jamie a chance for another question before he's grabbing me around my waist, ushering me down the hall, to my room.

"SQUARE!!!" Jamie yells out behind us. "Edison has been looking for you. Why don't you handle him, while I keep Marie company?" This makes Square stop in his tracks, I hear him curse under his breath.

"Is he still here?" Square asks

"Yeah, up in your loft." Jamie answers. I hear Square curse under his breath again. I currently wondering what's wrong? Is there trouble in paradise? Am I just offering him a distraction right now? I don't know why the thought bothers me. It's not like I have a leg to stand on. I quickly tell myself; I'll be whatever Square needs me to be. Since I could never be a true friend to him, let alone a mate.

"You know what Marie, I'm in the mood for some new sports equipment. Besides I don't think you packed your baseball gear in here." Square says, lifting up my luggage dangling it in the air.

"I would say that sounds wonderful but I don't have baseball gear in my budget. I was hoping you had some extra gear laying around. I don't have a problem going shopping with you though." I finish

"Who said you were paying for anything? I was secretly wanting us to match anyways and now this is my chance to make it happen. Let's hurry up and put your luggage away in your room, so we can head out. There's a sporting store a few blocks from here."

We basically threw my luggage in the room and made our way to the store. I've never been one who enjoyed shopping but Square made sure I had fun. I honestly didn't take him seriously when he made the comment about us wearing matching uniforms but he kept searching until he found us some. I was excited to see Square in his gear. I've always had a weak spot for baseball players. If you've never had the pleasure of a baseball player giving you a smile and wink, underneath his baseball cap, you have not experienced sexy. I make my way out of the dressing room to meet Square. When I do, I'm catching him mid turn and my goddess, he doesn't disappoint.