nature's enemy

dear horcrux experiment number 4,

seasons are changing and as fall takes its hold, the stages of death begin to change you even more. you were gone long before i took your final breath from your lungs, your mind desolate and not even the love i made you feel could bring it back. you grew stale and dead as the leaves around me and just like the wind it was time for me to sweep you away. the world progresses naturally.

a shame to waste such intellect though.

empty mind and empty eyes and sometimes i dream you were never even real— a figment of a mind gone mad. mad with murder and murder made me less mad and i'm confused because you're gone but you were never even there i swear it.

the stains on my hands say otherwise.

and it's fall again and you're still not here and my arms are cold again and i just want to be warm. warm until the seasons change and the wind blows and another number is gone gone gone.

nothing is sustainable.

but i've done it. souls intertwine to keep me alive (only one is mine) and i've done it. not even nature can hold me back. the wind doesn't wrap it's hands around my neck and squeeze, (not my style) the wind parts around me. nature yields to me.

if only you were as fierce and formidable as you thought too.

your mad man,
tom riddle