9. We All Die- Holly

-

-

That damn fire extinguisher.

I rubbed my head, curled up in Five's lap.

'Police are asking for help in identifying several persons of interest at Dealey Plaza at the time of the assassination. The FBI believes they may have been acting in concert with the alleged shooter, Lee Harvey Oswald. Vanya Hargreeves, wanted in connection with the deaths of several FBI agents inside the federal building at Dealey Plaza. A Cuban exile known only as Diego...'

Diego scoffed at the television. "Cuban?"

'...recently escaped from Holbrook Sanitarium. A bare-knuckle boxer with suspected Mafia ties who fights under the alias King Kong. Allison Chestnut, a Negro radical responsible for instigating and organizing the recent riots at Stadtler's lunch counter. And finally, Klaus, the controversial cult leader and known tax evader. The FBI is also asking the public to be on the lookout for two unidentified children; this boy and this girl-" The newscaster held up a photograph of Five looking over the fence, Luther beside him, me in his arms- "Who they believe are being held hostage by the suspected terrorist network..."

"Well, it's true," Five sighed. "I do feel like I'm being held hostage most days,"

I giggled as I nuzzled him. "Me too."

"They're saying I instigated the riot? That's unbelievable," Allison groaned.

Luther wiped his face. "Look, the good news is that we restored the timeline and stopped doomsday.
So-"

"-Yeah, a bunch of real goddamn heroes," Diego grumbled. "We let Kennedy die."

"And now we're the most wanted people in the world," Allison sighed. "The FBI is after us, the Dallas police, the Secret Service. It's only a matter of time until they hunt us down here."

"Well, where are we supposed to go?" Vanya asked.

I gasped. "We go to our apartment in New York! Oh Five, wouldn't that be nice?"

"It would, but hiding would be no use. The Commission  hunt us down wherever and whenever we go."

"He's right," Diego said. "They'll never stop."

I looked over my shoulder and Five sat up straight. "I'm sorry, since when are you an expert on the Commission?"

"Since I got back from there."