Chapter One

Gabriella's (Gabs') POV*
"Heart. Beats. Fast.
Colors and Promises.
How to be brave, how can i love when I'm afraid. To. Fall.
Watching you stand alone.
All of these doubts fade away somehow.

One. Step. Closer..."
"CAN YOU SHUT THE F*CK UP FOR 10 SECONDS!?" I screamed at my neighbors, their always yelling at each other, interrupting my shower-singing . I step out of my shower and wrap myself in a towel before stepping out into Mel and I's room. We share an appartment, just outside of our college, Berkley, in San Fransico.

"GABS HURRY UP WE'RE GONNA BE LATE!" Mel shouted at me. I threw on a sweatshirt, covering myself, and leggings, with my signature combat boots. We were going to meet some old friends for a mini-vacation, and we had to drive 13hrs to get there.

Foundation on face, lots of eyeliner, and mascara. I quickly coated my lids in black eyeshadow. I put in my contacts, then grabbed a box of cereal and ran out the door so Mel wouldn't drive away without me.

In the car, we argued over the radio. I, as always, wanted emo-punk, which had Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance, and all the GOOD bands. But Mel wanted country, blegh. As I started screaming at her and throwing my cereal, she took the box from me with one hand, steering the car with the other, and threw it to the back of the car, spilling its contents all over my car. But, just as Mel had hoped, I climbed over the seats to the back to get my cereal, not forgetting to kick Mel in the face as I climbed.

*Melissa's (Mel's) POV*

I finally got Gabs to shut up by throwing her cereal into the back of the car. And although i got a kick to the jaw, now i have full control over the radio. I steered with one hand, again, and brushed through my thin blonde hair with the other. I glanced back to see Gabs, upside down in her seat, with her Beats on, eating the lucky charms off of the floor.

We are on our way to Vegas, where me, Gabs, Cameron(Cam), Matthew (Matt), and Dori were going to stay at Gabs grandparents house while they where away visiting their first-born. Gabs was super excited, as was I, but I gotta keep her under control. Cause when i told her that we shouldn't get too crazy, she just responded with, 'What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.'

"THIS AINT A SCENE, ITS A GOD. DAMN. ARMS. RACE!" Oh my Lord. There she goes again,

"GABS SHUT UP!" I turned around in my seat and smacked her atop the head, making me forget about the road, and the car swerved, but luckily i got control of it again. I noticed Gabs was wearing her baggy sweatshirt that she got from Matt, the one that goes past her finger-tips. It makes me sad to see her like this, because when i see that sweatshirt on her, I know she's feeling down and yet shes so good at hiding it.
After an hour of Gabriella napping, I woke her up, "Gabs, stop napping, its your turn to drive!"

"Its not a 'nap' its a 'horizontal life pause', but fine."
I have to say, i don't want Gabs driving, she doesn't officially have her license yet, but how bad could it be?

--------------15 minutes later-------------

We were pulled over on the side of the highway, getting a ticket for speeding.
When I noticed someone sitting in the passenger seat of the squad car... dear God, please don't let Gabs see him, or he'll wanna ride with us...

*Gabriella's (Gabs) POV*

We got pulled over cause i was TEN MILES OVER! WTF!? Thats nothing! Im flirting my way out of a ticket when i notice something. I know this officer... I turn to the squad car and see... MATT!

I jump out of the car, as does he, and jump into his arms.
"Hey, give her a break, ok, Drake?" Matt was now speaking with the officer, OHHHHHHHHHH, thats right! Drake's his big brother!

"Yea, pweeeeeaaaaaasssseeeee?" I asked with puppy dog eyes, my legs still wrapped around Matt's torso as he held me up.

"Alright, but just this once, cause my little bro finally found someone," he ruffled Matt's hair, got in the car and drove away. Guess Matt's riding with us! I looked to Mel for approval, and after she nodded her head, I gave Matt a big hug and we got into the car and drove away. (Just for reference, Matt's my BF) This time with Matt at the wheel, and me in the passengers. next stop, VEGAS!