Chapter Thirteen

*Gabby or Gabs' POV*

The alarm beeped loudly as Matt pressed snooze and picked me up like a baby.

"Time to save lives, Gabs," He walked me into the bathroom while i yawned, "Our volunteer work is about an hour away, so get dressed and meet me in the car, we gotta start driving now."

I slipped out of his grasp and peeled off my pajamas before slipping into a tight black crop top that showed off my tattoo and a tight-maroon skirt that went to mid-thigh. I then slipped on a jacket that fit my curvy body perfectly and put my hair in a messy bun.

Matt was in the car with two cups of coffee and a box of Lucky Charms. I slipped in and silently thanked him for the coffee as we drove off to feed the homeless.

:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;

When we arrived, it was hot and humid, but i couldn't take off my jacket, or people would see my arm. good thing i wore a short skirt.

"Hey! Gabby! Matt! Thanks so much for coming, I knew I could count on you two!" It was Rachel, the founder of the foundation that provides these people food, "the people will arrive in 1 hour, so start setting up!"

With that, I grabbed a big box of honey-glazed ham and brought it into the building. It was small and gray, but it wasn't looks that we are going for.

-1 Hour Later-

The people are about to arrive and me and matt have hair nets, aprons, and gloves on, standing in front of a plate of food, ready to dish it out. Then they arrived.

I don't know what I had expected the homeless to look like, but it defiantly wasn't this. Their where people of all ages in dirty clothes, with dirt under their nails, as they looked gleefully at the food in front of them.

They lined up eagerly and got their small portions. There where children there, younger than my little sister, who is only 10. Babies, even. But what really broke my heart was a little girl named Priscilla.

She had pigtails and was smiling the biggest smile i've ever seen. all she was allowed to have was one slice of ham and a scoop of corn, yet she looked like it was a thanksgiving diner. And then to top it all off, she looked me right in the eyes and said,

"Hello! Im Priscilla! I am soooo glad that you got this food for me! I live such a great life because of you people, and I hope you love your life as much as i love mine!" She smiled and then frowned when I didn't answer, "Don't you?" She looked at me strangely, like she couldn't believe someone could not like their life.

"Well," she continued, "You should try living with me then, we may not have much, but we still believe that the future will be better. Plus, we don't get fat because we don't eat enough food too, so everyone lives a great life! I wish i could take you with me, then maybe I could make you happy. But thanks for all the food..."

"Alexandra"

"...Alexandra, bye!" She skipped away. I had never told anyone my real name before, never ever never never ever never ever. But I told her. I took my life for granted. Being teased or picked on or bullied was nothing compared to what she went through every day, yet she was happier then i've ever been.

So I take off my jacket. I don't care anymore. My life is amazing, and I meed to stop hurting myself realizing how lucky I am. And that starts now.

I am not Gabby the defenseless girl who hurts herself for stupid, idiotic reasons.

I am Alexandra, the young woman who stands up for what she believes in and lives her life to the fullest. Because I realize, now, what a great life I live. And Mel. And Matt. And Dori. And Izzy. And Cam. We are all stupid for not realizing our lucky lives, we are idiots for thinking we live the hard life. I know that now. So now its time we all come to notice it.

Its time we all take charge and embrace this wonderful life that we were born into!