Dude

Dean drove Sam home and him and Cas got dinner, but Cas insisted they would go to his place and eat there. Dean parked the car in front of the building, getting the bag with their burgers and letting his bag in the car.

            They got to the elevator and soon they where in Cas’s new place. Gabriel would only get home in a few hours, so they had it to them.

            Cas dragged Dean to the couch, insisting in showing him the place only after they eat.

            - It’s going to get cold. Now sit down! – He pulled Dean’s hand down. Dean laughed and sat, a little far from Cas, the bag of food between them. They ate silently and Cas got up.

            He walked around with Dean. The apartment wasn’t that big, it was like one floor of his old house. It had only one bathroom, but it was big enough. Three bedrooms, one of them was bigger, and messier, Gabriel’s one. One was empty, except for an arm clothesline right under the window. The room Dean had seen it, it was a large place, with a big three seats couch with its back to the kitchen, that was actually only separated from the living room by a balcony.

            - So this is it. – Cas said with a big smile as they got into his bedroom. It was a little smaller than the other one, in the old place, but it was nice. It had a smaller wardrobe, in a light color, making the entire place more pleasant. The few boxes Dean helped him load in the car in the last night where in a table open but not empty. – I didn’t have time to put everything in place yet, but I like it.

            - Its cool, Cas. – Dean said with a smile when he saw Cas eyes waiting for approval. – When your brother did all that? – Dean asked.

            - I really don’t know. We didn’t talk much yesterday, he was upset and all.

            - Right… - They didn’t said a word for some time.

            - And check this out! – Cas said like a kid, going to the window.

            - Fire escape? Awesome. – Dean said with a smile.

            - Isn’t it? I don’t know why, but fire escapes are just…

            - Cool.

            - I would say romantic. – Cas said looking to Dean. He looked back, then shrugged going out.

            - I’ve been in some of these but never actually enjoyed.

            - Why have you been in some of these? – Cas asked curious, getting out as well.

            - Long story… Cool view. – Dean said. It was, actually. The building was the only one in the block, and in front of them there was basically nothing. There where some houses, some yards, but mostly, the sky. Cas lived in the 6th floor, so there was a lot of sky to see. They hadn’t even realized it was that late, but the sun was already going down. Dean set in the stairs and watched the sky go from orange to purple, Cas set by his side (it was a little tight but that was a good thing).

            Dean watched the sky and got himself thinking about when the year ends. He didn’t know if they where going to stay after that. Probably not. And anyway, one day he would have to leave, hit the road on the family business. He actually wanted that since he was young; hunt monsters, instead of pretending he was normal. He knew Sammy didn’t, he wanted to go to prom, collage. Then he got himself thinking he would have to leave Cas. He hadn’t actually taught about it. He didn’t plane that, he didn’t wanted to make friends, even less fall in love. Was he in love?