IV

꧁ four ꧂

"Mr Park, why so sudden? Does Ja- I mean Mr Shim know about this?" I was outraged but could not show it, considering he's the damn boss. After hearing Jake's name, he furrowed his eyebrows and took a step closer to me. "As far as I know, I am the CEO, and Jake is just a director. So tell me, Ms Seo, since when do I have to seek Jake's permission, hm?"  I shook my head disapprovingly 'he is right, but why did he even do this???' Speaking of him, Jake made his entrance and stared at us both with curious eyes 'cute'  He then looked at my now empty desk and scowled. "Jay tell me what's going on and why the heck is her stuff gone?"  Jay took a step back from me and turned to face Jay with a devilish smile. "Nothing much and start looking for a new assistant. Aeri will be my assistant from now on."  Jake clearly was in utter disbelief.

"Jake, still you can't just do th-" before Jake got to finish his sentence, Jay dragged me into the elevator closing the doors immediately. I was too shocked to even argue at this point, so I just let him take me to his office, located on the 30th floor. He led me to a small office that had all my belongings. "Ms Seo, from now on, this is your workplace. You are expected to come to the office at 7 a.m sharp every day. understood?" I just gave him a nod with an eye roll. 'Why he gotta be so annoying. Gets on my nerves every time.' I really wanted to punch him in the face to be honest but had to hold myself back. Jay once again started talking, "Ms Seo, go get me a croissant and a latte. I'll be having a small talk with director Shim in my office, so please knock before entering."  I once again sighed and took my leave.

3rd person's pov

Soon after Aeri had left, Jake barged into Jay's office, fuming with anger. "Explain yourself, Jay. Why the heck did you take her? tell me."  Jay was stunned. It was his first time seeing the boy this mad, yet smirked again before speaking, "Well, are you mad that you won't be able to work with your girlfriend anymore? Oops, my bad. Anyways, I told you that it is not allowed to date within the company. You should have just listened, Jakey." Jake gritted his teeth before pulling Jay by his collars, glaring at him " don't call me that. You disgust me." After that, Jake harshly let go of Jay's collars, leaving the room with a scoff.  Jay didn't know why he was acting like this either. The only thing that he was sure of was that he did not like seeing Jake and Aeri being all lovey-dovey together. Jay sighed and pushed his hands through his hair, frustrated. He was feeling lost, and he hated it.

After a while, someone knocked on the door, and Jay told the person to come in, thinking it was Aeri. "Took you long enough. Place them on my desk... Kim Soojin?" shock was evident in Jay's voice as he looked up. His obsessive ex-girlfriend was standing in front of him. "Jay, I missed you." Soojin squealed, literally throwing herself on Jay. Jay was beyond annoyed. He immediately pushed her away, scowling. Right then, another knock was heard, and with that, Aeri came in as well. With the sight of her, Jay's angry appearance instantly vanished. "Uhh, I'm sorry am I interrupting something? I will just leave these on your desk and leave." She quickly placed his coffee and croissant on the table, without giving Jay time to say anything. 'who is that bitch, and why did Jay suddenly soften after seeing her?' right after Aeri, Soojin left as well, following her.

Aeri's pov

I felt someone grabbing my arm. I instantly turned around to see the girl from Jay's office. 'who is she anyways' I didn't want any drama, so I just put on a fake smile and met her eyes. "How can I help you?" She raised her hand to cut me off. "I don't know who the heck are you but stay away from my Jay." I couldn't help but laugh after her statement. I just kept laughing for a while before continuing " Look, I have no interest in Mr Park. I'm not into egoistic psychos. Don't worry; he is all yours." I smirked and left after bumping into her shoulder. She just stood there, dumbfounded. 'idiot'

I went to the 20th floor to see Jake but couldn't find him anywhere. Right when I was about to ask where he was to a colleague, I got a text from him, asking to meet up in 10 minutes at the nearby cafe. I grabbed my coat and headed to the cafe with quick steps. I got into the cafe, looking for Jake 'Where is Jake? Did he not arrive yet? Weird' I just picked a table and waited for Jake. "I'm sorry for making you wait, Aeri. I had to deal with something beforehand." I nodded and smiled. "What did you want to talk about, Jakey?" his expression suddenly saddened, and he gave a small smile before proceeding. " I won't be here for a while. My mom is very sick, so I will be staying with her in Australia for a few months." my smile faded in an instant, 'months? I'll miss him a lot'

_____________________________________

25 reads? no one reads this story maybe i'll unpublish it. anyways love you all (especially my two bestfriends who are literally the only ones who read this) 🥰🥰🥰