II

꧁ two ꧂

The elevator arrived with a ding, and the doors opened. I quickly got in and pressed the button for the 20th floor. I just sighed and stood there listening to the good old boring elevator music. Then suddenly, the elevator halted, and I heard the ding sound again, signalling someone was about the enter the elevator. I did not pay much attention to who it was till I heard the person talking on the phone. -Mr Park? The heck, why am I so unlucky???- I brought my gaze down to my feet, avoiding eye contact at all costs. I just kept looking down and fidgeting till we arrived on the 20th floor. Mr Park did not seem to want to spark a conversation either, so it was all good. Luckily the ding sound was heard once again, signalling we had arrived. Right when I was about to step out of the elevator, someone held my wrist, preventing me from leaving.

Whit that, I was pulled back in an instant, my back hitting the wall. "Mr Park? is there something you wanted to tell me?" I asked nervously. He gave a smirk and kept leaning in towards my face. - again, how did I end up here? - I could not take it anymore, so I shut my eyes and moved towards the back as much as possible. After not feeling anything for a few seconds, I opened my eyes to see Mr Park holding my bracelet right in front of my face, his smirk still not leaving his face. - How does he even have it? Oh, I must have dropped it when I spilt coffee on him. - "Here, Ms Seo, be more careful next time" with that, he pulled back and left without saying anything else. I just stood there for a while, frozen, frustrated and looking like an idiot probably. 

I pulled myself back together and made my way to my desk, which is right next to Jake's room. He still wasn't here, so I decided to send him a text asking when he will be back. While waiting for a reply, I organised Jake's schedule for the week. - He sure is a busy man - Then I received a text saying that he will be back in half an hour and that we will have a meeting with the CEO and the other directors. - I'll have to see Mr Park again. I seriously should consider resigning. - After that, I just proceeded with my work. "Aeri, I'm back. Get the folders and lest head to Jay's office." I gave him a nod and hurriedly collected my stuff. Jake also grabbed whatever he needed, and we once again headed to the elevator. I again kept staring at my feet due to how close we were standing with Jake. It made me blush madly.

3rd person pov

Aeri and Jake made their way to CEO Park's office, taking their places on the table. While they waited for everyone to join, Aeri and Jake had small talk. " Jake, did you see the last episode of the drama?" Aeri asked with her eyes showing her excitement. Jake nodded while smiling at her and kept talking about the most random things, completely ignoring someone's curious gaze. - Are they already on the first name basis - he thought to himself, eyes not leaving the two. After a few more minutes of waiting, Jay stood up and spoke with a very stern demanding voice, " Ms Seo, bring the reports to me right now" Aeri quickly stood up and placed the folders in front of Jay. She impatiently fidgeted in her place while waiting for any sort of reaction from Jay. " This is absolutely unacceptable, Ms Seo. Is this the best you can do? You are such a disappointment to our company. Redo everything." With that, Jay left the room, questioning himself. He did not mean to react that way. Her report was not even bad. He shook his head and kept walking away to take some fresh air.

Aeri's pov

I was honestly bewildered. I thought my report was pretty good but guess it was not. My eyes got a bit teary. I certainly did not expect him to be this harsh. "Hey, Aeri, you know it is okay. He probably was in a bad mood. Let's go get some ice cream, hm?" I gave him a small smile and nodded. He once again took my hand and let me out of the building to a closeby ice-cream parlour. - Jake, why are you so sweet seriously. I think I've developed a little crush on him - I smiled to myself, and it did not go unnoticed by Jake. "Why are you so smiley, Ms Seo Aeri?" he asked, also smiling. "I'm just in a good mood. Don't ruin it, Jakey" with the realisation of what I had said; I immediately turned red. "Jakey? I like it." I was honestly stunned and couldn't help but smile. He held my hand tighter than before, and we kept walking till we reached the parlour. " What flavour do you want, Aeri?" I pretended to think even though I always get the same flavour. "I want two scoops of salted caramel." I said, smiling innocently. Jake murmured an okay and ordered for us both.

"So, Aeri tell me. Are you interested in anyone?" With that, I literally choked on my ice cream. "w-what?" I looked at him with curious eyes. " If not, I would love to take you on a date cause honestly Im very interested in you" - why is it suddenly so hot in here?- I became super frustrated and looked at him shock evident in my eyes. Jake looked at me expectantly, and after not receiving any reply from me, he stood up from his seat and came closer to me. Very very close and suddenly kissed my forehead. " You know what. I would love to go on a date with you, Jake."

———————————————————————
please vote and also give me some feedback via comments i would appreciate it  ♡'・ᴗ・'♡