VI

꧁ six ꧂

Aeri's pov

I woke up with the birds chirping. I tiredly groaned due to the sunlight hurting my eyes. Squinting my eyes, I checked the time and saw a text. 'Jay?' I clicked on the notification and read the text from Jay, "Hey, you fell asleep during the movie, so I carried you to your bed. I immediately left afterwards, don't worry. See you at work, Aeri." I unknowing smiled at his text before getting out of the bed. I was still pretty sleepy, so I had to stay still for a while to gain my balance. Then, I quickly took a shower, did my morning routine and left for work.

I greeted my colleagues good morning on my way to my office, smiling brightly. I weirdly was in a very good mood despite it literally being 6 in the morning. Getting in the elevator, I bopped my head lightly with the elevator music. Once again, I got off on the 30th floor and placed my stuff on my desk. 'Should I greet Jay as well? I mean, we are close-ish now; it would be rude not to' I grinned widely and knocked on Jay's door. "Come in." with Jay's permission, I opened the door and ran to his desks, my heels clicking the floor. "Morning, Jay" He kinda looked taken aback, not used to me greeting him at all. But, quickly, his lost look was replaced with a big smile as well. " Morning to you too, Aeri."

We chattered a bit before starting work. Honestly, Jay was an enjoyable person to be around, of course, when he was not being annoying tho. "Jay, I'm leaving now; I have things to discuss with director Yang of the marketing department." He nodded and waved my goodbye, which I returned with a slight bow. I went down to the 24th floor, where the marketing department is located. I approached Sunoo, who is Mr Yang's secretary and my closest friend here. "Sunoo, good morning. Is Mr Yang here yet?" I asked with a smile which Sunoo gladly returned. "Yes, he just arrived. I'll notify him; wait here a bit." After a while, Sunoo gave me a thumbs up, signalling Mr Yang was ready to talk.

"Hello, Mr Yang. I brought you the proposal from the rival corporation. After checking it, feel free to ask me anything." Mr Yang nodded, his eyes shortly scanning the pages. After having a quick look into it, he raised his head and met my eyes. "Ms Seo, we are having a company dinner tonight at 7. I'm not sure if you've been informed about it, so I wanted to tell you. Mr Park will tell you the details. See you tonight, Ms Seo Aeri." I nodded and bowed, leaving his room. 'Should I text Jay about it?' Afterwards, deciding against it, I just went directly into his room.

"Oh, Aeri. Do you need something?" I shook my head and sat on the big brown couch in front of his desks. Jay looked at me expectantly. "Mr Yang informed me about the business dinner tonight but didn't give any details. Can you tell me more about it?" Jay smiled, but I couldn't really tell whether it was a smirk or a smile. I just shrugged it off and waited for an answer from Jay. "Dress formal, and I'll pick you up at 6.25 so that we can go together. Is that fine with you?" I just murmured an okay before leaving to finish my work.

After five boring hours of working and dealing with an immense headache, I left for my apartment. The moment I stepped into my apartment, I threw myself on the couch. I hugged a random pillow and decided to take a nap before getting ready. Honestly, I was exhausted from all the work, so I couldn't help it. I set an alarm and drifted off to sleep. -ring ring- I tiredly yawned and shut the annoying alarm. After stretching a bit, I went to the bathroom to make myself at least look decent. 'I look like a freaking blobfish' I sighed and washed my face with cold water, hoping it would reduce the puffiness.

I then got ready, throwing on a black blouse and a black pencil skirt with a slit. I didn't look bad at all, which made me weirdly smile to myself. My phone vibrated, showing a text from Jay. 'Come down, I'm waiting.' it read. I checked myself in the mirror once more before leaving the apartment. "Hi Jay, sorry for making you wait." He shook his head and answered, "It's fine. by the way, you look decent for the first time." he snickered, and I gritted my teeth in annoyance. He laughed it off and hit the gas pedal. I just enjoyed the scenery, looking out of the window and humming to the song playing on the radio softly. Jay just focused on the road, and we arrived in no time.

Jay opened my door for me, which made me look at him weirded out. "Did you just open the door for me? Such a gentleman move, so unlike you." I laughed and left Jay there dumbfounded. "Seo Aeri, wait up. Let's go in together." I felt bad for him, so I waited for him to reach to me for a bit. After he finally managed to come, we went in together. As expected, all eyes were on us; many of my colleagues don't get to see the CEO every day after all. "Good evening Mr Park" they all said in unison. I chuckled and then tried my best to keep a straight face.

We drank and talked throughout the entire night. It was honestly very enjoyable, and I could feel myself getting a bit drunk. Not like I cared, I surely needed to drink a bit cause I couldn't deal with the feeling of longing for Jake by myself anymore. Without any more thinking, I grabbed the shot glass in front of me and finished it instantly. 'why does everything look so wobbly' My head was spinning, so I held the person next to me for support. " I will take her outside for fresh air." someone said, and with that, I was dragged out to freezing cold. After my vision improved slightly, I looked up to see Jake? 'he is back? he looks hot.' I laughed and immediately went to hug him tightly. He didn't hug me back at first, but then he returned my hug just as tight.

"I love you", I blurted out, snuggling into his chest.

3rd person's pov

'She loves me?' Jay thought to himself, the girl still against his chest. He couldn't help but smile. He caressed the girl's hair and enjoyed the moment. Then suddenly, Aeri cupped Jay's head and made him look at her, getting close to him. Jay instantly flushed red, drifting his eyes anywhere but her face. She then again grabbed his chin, making sure he is staring into her eyes this time. 'so beautiful' Jay thought to himself. He couldn't help it anymore. His gaze fell down to her lips, and he kissed her softly, smiling into the kiss. "Jake, I missed you" with that leaving Aeri's mouth, Jay's happy face turned into a hurt one. He left her there, his heartbroken.

—————————————————————-
vote and comment guys 🥺