IX

꧁ nine ꧂

3rd person's pov

Jake sighed, lifting his body and pulling away from Aeri. It was clear that he was very disappointed due to the sudden interruption. 'Screw Jay for his timing' he thought and shook his head. He held his hand out for Aeri and helped her up as well. Aeri was still taken aback by Jake's previous actions and was blushing madly. They made their way back to the kitchen, finally to see their pasta done. "I'll get the sauce ingredients from the fridge. Can you take out a pen for me?" Jake nodded and searched the cabinets for a pen. After struggling for a bit, he finally found one and gave it to Aeri, who just looked at him bored. "Did I take that long?" Jake asked, sheepishly smiling and scratching the back of his head. Aeri broke into a smile and shook her head. She then started cooking the sauce. Jake looked at her lovingly and snaked his arms around her waist, putting his head on Aeri's shoulder. She responded with a giggle and kept cooking.

After a while, Aeri served the pasta, and they happily ate, without talking much since they were both starving. "That was some good pasta. Now, since we are done eating, let's watch the new episode of Vincenzo" Jake exclaimed happily and rushed to the living room, leaving Aeri dumbfounded in the kitchen. Aeri put the dishes into the sink and also made her way to the living room. 'Would it be rude to ask for clothes? these tight pants are very uncomfy.' Aeri thought to herself as she shifted in her place nervously. Taking a deep breath, she approached Jake, who was very immersed in the drama. "Jake, can you give me something comfortable to wear, please?" Drifting his attention to her, he immediately nodded and left to search for something that would fit her. After a few minutes, he came back holding an oversized, grey hoodie that would probably go down to Aeri's knees. Aeri quickly grabbed it and went to the bathroom, happy to finally change out of her uncomfy work clothes.

As Aeri got out of the bathroom, Jake's eyes went wide. 'She looks so cute. I should give her my clothes more often.' he thought to himself, smiling foolishly. He then stood up and made his way towards Aeri, picking her up bridal style, which took her by surprise. Jake then carefully sat down and gently placed her head on his lap, continuing to watch his movie afterwards. Aeri's heart was fluttering, and she felt warm as her eyes became drowsy. Seeing that, Jake chuckled and caressed her hair softly as she drifted off to sleep.

Aeri's pov

I slowly woke up as I snuggled into the blanket, happy with the warmth it provided. I then felt the blanket hug me back, which made me come to my senses and open my eyes immediately. I then saw Jake, who was cuddling me, smiling in his sleep. I also smiled at the adorable sight in front of me and checked the time to see it was already past noon. "Jake, wake up. It's so late already. We have the anniversary ball today." Jake stirred and slowly opened his eyes, adjusting to the light. " Hearing your voice first thing in the morning for sure is something I could get used to." I blushed and hit his arm lightly. I stretched and rubbed my eyes, getting up afterwards and made my way to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

'what to make?' I thought to myself and decided on making scrambled eggs with toast on the side. As I was making the eggs, I heard Jake's foot steps, so I turned around to face him. "Morning, sleepyhead, finally out of bed, I see." I chuckled as I said that. He gave me a fake annoyed look and went to the kitchen table. I quickly served us both breakfast, and we ate peacefully. "Aeri, go get changed. I'll drive you back, and also, I will pick you up at 7 for the ball." I nodded. "Okay, though... do you mind if I steal your hoodie?" I asked, averting my gaze anywhere other than him. I heard a breathy laugh escape Jake's lips. I looked at him only to realise he was a little shy about it as well, considering his face had reddened. "Sure, you look better in it than I do anyway." With his answer, I quickly left to change.

"Jake, I'm ready." Jake stood up from his place, and we went to his car. The car ride was pretty quiet and short. After getting off, I waved at him, leaving quickly to get ready. I first took a long bath, water filled with my favourite scent, roses. 'I really should take baths like this more often. It surely is very relaxing.' checking the time, I sighed. I got out of the bathtub and moved on with my facials. After getting done with the cleansing part, I did some minimal makeup; a reddish-pink lipstick, a bit of concealer, blush and mascara. I checked myself in the mirror, feeling very satisfied. 'Is this even me? Jake is very lucky.' with that thought, I giggled and proceeded to my wardrobe to get out my dress. It really was the prettiest dress I had, made of black silk, a deep v-neck, and a corset-like back. The thought of finally being able to wear it somewhere made me very excited, so I quickly put it on.

Admiring myself for a while, I styled my hair a little and patiently waited for Jake. While I was scrolling through my insta feed, I received a text from Jake and made my way to him. He looked up, meeting my eyes and then he froze for a second. He gave me a very warm smile, which made me smile as well. "Aeri, you look so beautiful." He looked mesmerising as well. He was wearing an all-black suit, his hair parted in the middle. "You're not bad yourself, Jakey." He looked down, embarrassed. He then opened the passenger seat's door for me, "Here, m'lady" he joked and also got in the car. We listened to some music as we made our way to the venue.

When we arrived, I was amazed by the way how everything looked. Everyone looked very expensive with their outfits. It all just made me even more excited. We got out of the car, hand in hand and made our way in. I was still looking around like a lost puppy; it was too pretty. "Jake, Aeri" someone approached us, no one other than Jay. "Hi, Jay" Jake casually greeted him back as I ignored him. Jay seemed to be annoyed by my actions, so he got closer to me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. "Well, Aeri, let's go. We have some business partners to meet. Later, Jake." With that, I was dragged away from Jake. 'I have a bad feeling about tonight'

____________________________

kind of a filler chapter but stuff's about to happen. get your popcorn ready. love you all 🥰