V

꧁ five ꧂

Flashback to Jake before meeting up with Aeri, 3rd person's pov

"What do you want, Jake? I'm busy, you know, you're consuming my time, tell me." Jay impatiently said. With that, Jake took a deep breath and put his hand on Jay's shoulder before continuing, "I'm leaving the country for a while." Jay's eyes showed how shocked he was with the sudden news, not understanding why he was leaving his job and girlfriend. Jay had so many questions, yet he did not ask anything, letting Jake proceed with his words. "My mom is very sick, so I need to look after her. But I'm a bit worried about Aeri. I honestly don't wanna leave her alone here, but I can't take her with me either. So Jay, please look after her while I'm gone." Jay tried his best to suppress a smile and gave Jake a fake apologetic look. 'Oh Jake, I will surely look after her.' Jay looked up again and met Jake's gaze. "I will do my best. Come back soon." Jake gave Jay a smile and left without anything else. After Jake was out of sight, Jay just smirked to himself, very content.

back to present, Aeri's pov

I stood up from my seat and gave Jake a very tight hug, snuggling my face into his chest. Jake hugged my back, patting my head. " I will miss you too, princess, but I will be back soon, promise." I nodded, my head still against his chest. I didn't want to let go but knew I had to. After hugging for what seemed like forever, Jake left for the airport. Tears escaped my eyes as I made my way back to my office to get my stuff before going home. On my way back, strangers gave me weird looks. I could understand them tho; I looked like a mess. I sniffed once again, getting in the elevator.

I got off on the 30th floor and got to my office with quick steps. I really didn't want anyone to see me this weak. 'I seriously should quit crying already.' As I was getting my stuff, I felt someone's presence behind me. "Ms Seo, are you okay? I know what happened with Jake, and don't worry, I'll be with you during his absence. That's what he told me to do." For the first time ever, I was happy with Mr Park's appearance. "Thank you, Mr Park. I really mean it." unlike usual, Mr Park gave a genuine smile instead of an annoying smirk. 'He actually has a nice smile. He should smile more often.' I returned his smile with a grateful one. "And Aeri, just call me Jay. Let's get closer. No need to be professional all the time."

"Then Jay, it is." I smiled shyly at him, but I truly was grateful for his efforts. With my answer, Jay's eyes shone brightly. He then suddenly took my stuff from my hands and carried them instead. "let's go, I will take you home, Aeri." I nodded and followed him to his car. Right when I was about to open the door for the backseat, Jay shut the door and pointed at the front seat next to his. "You're gonna sit at the front; I'm not your driver, you know?" I instantly blushed from embarrassment and sat at the front. "Aeri? I have been calling your name for a minute now; sure you're okay? here let me help you." I couldn't say anything before he reached out to my seatbelt to put it on for me. His face was so close to mine, which made me blush madly once again. 'gosh, why didn't he let me do it myself." the rest of the car ride was insanely awkward, at least for me. Jay didn't seem bothered by it. I bet he did it on purpose. 'That annoying-, I probably shouldn't swear at my boss.'

Luckily my apartment was not that far from the company, so I didn't have to bear with the awkward silence for too long. After the car halted in front of my building, I immediately hopped off the car. "Thanks for the ride, Jay-" before I could finish, Jay interrupted. "Aren't you going to invite me in? It's a bit rude not to." I sighed and nodded, inviting him in. Jay just looked around my apartment while I made coffee for him.

3rd person's pov

"Your apartment is pretty cute. I like it." Jay complimented. Aeri just nodded her head, giving Jay his coffee. They sat on the couch, awkwardness filling the room. Jay cleared his throat before speaking, "Should we watch a movie?" Aeri once again gave him a nod before reaching out to the remote placed on the coffee table in front of them. Aeri looked at Jay expectantly, "What do you wanna watch? I'm fine with anything but horror." After Aeri's statement, Jay thought for a while before answering, "Let's watch a romantic film then." Aeri slightly rolled her eyes at his answer but agreed regardless.

Half an hour into the movie, Jay felt a weight on his shoulder. He looked to see Aeri sleeping soundly on his shoulder. He smiled to himself, admiring her face for a while. 'She is so beautiful; Jake is lucky to have her. Right, Jake.' with the thought of Jake, he scoffed. He then again drifted his attention to the sleeping girl on his shoulder, his annoyed look fading away. He stood up and gently carried Aeri to her room. He placed her in her bed, tucked her in. Jay could keep himself from admiring her. He sighed and got closer to her. Without even thinking, he placed a soft kiss on her forehead. "goodnight Aeri." with that, he left the apartment. 'what's wrong with me. Why did I kiss her? it's just weird.' Jay ruffled his hair in frustration before getting into his car, speeding off.

—————————————————————-

kind of a filler chapter but hope y'all enjoyed. and dont forget to vote + comment 🥰🥰🥰