VII

꧁ seven ꧂

Aeri's pov

I woke up with an immense headache. I squinted my eyes and held my head, not able to bear the pain. 'I feel as if my head is splitting in half.' I hissed, slowly opening my eyes. It took me a while to adjust to the light. After I did so, I realised that I wasn't in my room. I scanned the room; a king-sized bed with expensive-looking silk sheets, a huge mirror and a very high ceiling. 'Damn how rich is the owner?' I was very amazed by the looks of the room but collected my thoughts quickly. I was in a stranger's room, after all. 'Oh no, did I do that last night?' I suddenly felt disgusted and scared, instantly jumping out of the bed to find whoever owns the house.

With quick steps, I got out of the room only to end up in an endless corridor. Deciding to keep straight, I kept walking. The floor was covered with black marble, looking expensive, just like the rest of the house. After admiring the interior, I finally found the lounge area. 'So beautiful.' I was so lost in my thoughts till, "Oh, you're up." I got startled, gasping lightly. Jay was in front of me, coffee in his hand, messy hair and glasses. He looked very attractive honestly. I couldn't process for a second and then decided to talk. "How did I end up here?" I said quietly yet loud enough for him to hear. He just smirked, leaning closer. "Why? Scared we might have done something? Don't worry, you were too drunk, so I just brought you here." I was about to leave you but felt bad." With that, he left the room.

I just sat on the couch, thinking everything over. I didn't remember anything about last night, so I felt quite lost. I ruffled my hair, frustrated. After staring at literally nothing for a while, I heard footsteps approaching me. I once again looked up and made eye contact with Jay, who is now dressed very formally, his hair neatly styled. "Stand up; I'll take you to your house. change up and directly come to the office afterwards." I nodded and followed him to his car. After a silent car ride, as usual, I immediately got off and smiled at Jay. "Thank you for everything." He just gave a nod and left. I sighed, annoyed and got into my apartment.

After a long time of struggling to decent, I finally managed to leave the house. Getting on the bus and taking a short nap, I made my up to the 30th floor. 'Such an exhausting day already.' I arrived at my desk and placed my heavy bag on my chair. I sighed and stretched my back. I was still feeling very tired and sore but had to shrug it off. Taking a deep breath, I went to Jay's office, putting on a bright smile to greet him. "Morning Jay-" I heard a few notification sounds; thinking it was something important, I quickly checked it, signalling Jay to wait a bit. What I saw next made my eyes shot open in shock. 'Did this actually happen?' I was losing my mind but had to play it cool since Jay seemed to have sensed that something was wrong. I just kept staring at the picture of Jay and me kissing. 'So it wasn't a dream, nor Jake?' I was beyond frustrated. Then I received another text making me gasp, 'Seo Aeri, this is my last warning for you. Stay away from Jay if you don't want your dear boyfriend Jake to see his beloved girlfriend kissing his very own best friend.' I instantly stormed off, leaving Jay there, confused.

As tears made their way down my face, I heard footsteps behind me, and with that, someone harshly yanked my arm. "Aeri, what's wrong? tell me; I'll try to help." Gathering all my courage, I started, staring deeply into his eyes, "You're nothing but an arrogant playboy. I freaking hate you, and you irritate me so much. I would like to keep our relationship professional, Mr Park." I quickly left the scene afterwards.

3rd person's pov

Jay was insanely hurt by Aeri's words. He didn't really understand why he was that affected. 'What even happened? Weren't we good a few seconds ago? Did she find out about the kiss? Nah, that's not possible.' He sighed sadly and turned back to his office, staring into emptiness. Aeri was doing the exact same, staring at nothing, regretting her words deeply. She shook her head and went back to her desk. They both couldn't concentrate on anything, minds full of thoughts of each other. Aeri couldn't take it anymore, so she loudly pushed her chair, leaving the floor to get some fresh air. There was Jay, watching her figure disappear sadly. He stood up from his chair as well and made his way to her desk. He shook his head in annoyance. 'I seriously am about to go crazy.'

Aeri's pov

I was just looking at the scenery in front of me, people walking, chatting, all busy. I sighed and massaged my temples. I felt my phone buzz; taking it out of my pocket, I saw a text from Jake. 'Where are you?' I was a bit confused. 'Isn't he in Australia? Why is he curious?' I just figured he might be worried about me being alone, so I replied with a short 'in front of the company building' I then put my phone back in my pocket and kept watching people. It helped me ease my mind a lot. I then suddenly felt someone's arms wrapped around my waist. I quickly understood who it was and melted into his embrace. He softly giggled and kissed my cheek, finally turning me around to face him directly. He looked so good honestly, tanned a bit, hair grew longer. I got on my tiptoes and kissed him on the lips without any hesitation. 'I missed him a lot.' He then pulled away, smiling. With that, all my worries were gone. I smiled back at him with adoration. "Aeri, I really missed you a lot." I once again hugged him tightly, "I did too, Jake."

___________________________________

lil boring i know :(