chapter 4

~Parseltongue~

&Gobbledegook&

"Speech"

Thoughts

----Pov change.

- - - - -⌲  AS THE SLYTHERIN SIX HAD PLANNED Weasley, Thomas and Finnigan were caught in the trophy room by Filch. They had left an anonymous note to Filch telling him about how Weasley and his friends were talking about going to the trophy room at night. The three idiots were caught and now they had a month’s worth of detention with Snape. 

At breakfast Grace and the other Slytherin’s couldn't keep their laughter in when they saw the 'Idiot trio' -as they had been dubbed by them- glaring at them from across the great hall. Grace found that she enjoyed it quite a lot.

As the owls flooded into the Great Hall, as usual, everyone’s attention was caught at once by a long, thin package carried by six large screech owls. Grace was just as interested as everyone else to see what was in this large parcel and was amazed when the owls soared down and dropped it right in front of her, knocking her bacon to the floor.

They had hardly fluttered out of the way when another owl dropped a letter on top of the parcel.

Grace ripped open the letter first, and it was a good thing that she did because it said:

”DO NOT OPEN THE PARCEL AT THE TABLE.

It contains your new Nimbus Two Thousand, but I don’t want everybody knowing you’ve got a broomstick or they’ll all want one. Marcus Flint will meet you tonight on the Quidditch field at Seven o’clock for your first training session.

Professor Slytherin.”

She sent professor Slytherin a discreet nod as she handed the note to Draco to read.

"A Nimbus Two Thousand!" Draco moaned enviously. "I’ve been asking my father for one but he says I won't get it unless I'm top of all classes"

“Then you might as well forget it as I’ll never let that happen.” Grace shot back as she stood up.

They left the hall bantering with each other and quarreling about who would get to ride the broom first.

They made their way towards the Slytherin common room wanting to unwrap the broomstick in private before their first class, but halfway across the entrance hall, they found the way upstairs barred by Weasel backed up by Dummy one and Dummy two. Finnigan seized the package from Grace and felt it.

"That’s an old broomstick," he said, throwing it back to Grace with a mixture of jealousy and spite on his face. "You’ll be in for it this time Potter first years aren’t allowed to own brooms."

Draco couldn’t stop himself.

"It’s not any old broomstick. It’s a Nimbus Two Thousand." he bragged," What did you say you’ve got at home, Finnigan, a Comet Two Sixty?"

Before he could fire back a retort, Professor Flitwick appeared at Draco’s elbow.

"Not arguing I hope boys?" he squeaked.

"And girls." corrected Grace.

Flitwick nodded in acknowledgment. "And girls."

“Potter’s been sent a broomstick Professor,” said Finnigan quickly.

“Yes, yes, that’s right,” said Professor Flitwick, beaming at Grace. “Professor Slytherin mentioned special circumstances, Miss Potter. And what model is it?”

"A Nimbus Two Thousand, it is," said Grace, fighting not to laugh at the look of horror on Finnigan and Weasel’s face. "And it’s thanks to Finnigan here that I’ve got it," she added. Grace and Draco headed upstairs, smothering their laughter at Finnigan's obvious rage and confusion.