25

"Shit. Shit." I muttered, rubbing my eyes and looking to the clock. It can't be seven already.

I ran around, throwing on work clothes and quickly pulling my hair into a ponytail.

I ran out into the kitchen, seeing Jack up, sipping a cup of coffee.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I said, quickly grabbing a banana from the counter.

"I don't know. I thought you didn't work today and you just slept in." He said.

"I never sleep in, I'm gonna be late. Bye." I called, at the door.

"Ah, not to fast." He said tapping his cheek. I sighed, rolled my eyes but pecked his cheek. "Love you. Have a good day." He said, grabbing my butt as I walked out the door.

I squealed and glared at him and left for work.

•••

"Alright Gilinsky, you can clock off now." My boss finally said. I was working overtime, again.

I walked out to the parking lot and started getting a call from Jack.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Hey, err, I'm in town with Johnson, I figured because you worked late if you wanted to get takeout?" He said. I could hear Johnson in the background yelling pizza. "Also can Johnson come over?"

"Yes and yes of course. But not pizza." I said, suddenly feeling sick to my stomach thinking of it.

"Okay, um what sounds good?" He asked.

"You know, I actually feel like Chinese food." I replied.

"You hate Chinese food." I could hear Johnson laughing in the background. "Okay, if that's what you want."

All I could think about now was Chinese food.

The traffic home was horrible and they got home before me, greeting me in the kitchen with hugs and lord and glory Chinese food.