31

Alexis

I stared at my stomach, feeling tiny.

Tiny. Just like my little baby boy that didn't make it.

After I fell, landing on my stomach, waves of pain had rippled through me, telling me something was wrong.

As Marcus called an ambulance I realised that I was going into labour.

When the paramedics confirmed, something inside me knew that the outcome wasn't going to be good.

Five months was too little too early.

Jack came as soon as he heard the news and he drove me from the hospital. We were silent the whole the trip, everything playing on my mind. I sat in the passenger seat, my knees to my chest and my head against the glass watching all the other cars zoom passed. Headlights flashed on as it slowly became darker and streetlights flicked to life.

The silence wasn't an awkward silence.

The silence wasn't a comfortable silence.

It was a sad silence.

The kind of silence that made you want to cry but you'd already done enough crying and didn't want anyone to see you so vulnerable.

But I did anyway.

Tears slipped down my cheeks, almost unnoticeable as I was numb all over.

And they didn't stop.

•••

"No! She's my wife. She's not a fucking distraction."

Jacks voices boomed from downstairs and I slowly sat up from our bed and walked down the stairs to see him on the phone, angry and frustrated.

"I've just lost my unborn son, you can't make this happen. Not for a few more months at least. I'm begging you please just let me spend some god damn time with Alexis."

Every word that flew from his mouth sent shudders down my spine.

He ended the call on his cracked phone and slammed it down on the counter, causing small fractions of glass to fly everywhere.

"Jack?" I asked, making my way over to him. He wrapped his arms around my protectively and kissed the top of my head.

"The contract," He breathed in and exhaled deeply, "Its non-negotiable and the tour.. the world tour.... is going ahead." I tensed slightly, holding his waist tightened, "In two weeks."

Everything stopped and somehow I was on the kitchen floor, sobbing into Jacks chest as we held each other closer and tighter then we ever had before.

///

R.I.P Edward David Gilinsky, aka Avavado.

Four more chapters.

I live in Australia but hey #lovewins