Chapter 12: Next Stop, The Endless Sea

Everyone woke up really early the next morning. When Quin and Lloyd said 'We'll leave at dawn.', they didn't literally mean at dawn. They meant at sometime in the morning. Packing their stuff didn't take very long. Since it was an adventure, the ninja decided that it would be best to switch into their Island gi's instead of their usual gi's. PIXAL kept her Samurai X suit instead of changing like the rest of the ninja. Since Quin was going with them on this adventure, PIXAL surprised her by making her an adventure gi, just like the other ninja's Island gi.

"Thanks, but you didn't have to, PIX. I would've been just fine with my own clothing." She thanked her while admiring the outfit PIXAL made for her. It was a slightly dark jade green color. The design was similar to Lloyd's gi but with a few alterations.

PIXAL handed her the outfit and scoffed, "It's no problem. I'm kind of used to designing for the ninja." She smiled.

Quin smiled at the gift that PIXAL gave to her, "Thank you. But, how did you know that I liked this exact color?" She asked with a raised brow.

PIXAL pointed to her current outfit, "I just assumed you liked the color of jade green since most of your clothing are of that color." She stated the obvious.

"Oh. That makes sense." She looked at the gi and asked, "Do I wear this for the adventure?"

PIXAL nodded, "Yes, if you want to. The suit is designed for this type of activity. But if you don't want to it is fine as well."

Quin quickly shook her head, "Oh, no, no, no. It's fine. I really like it. I'll go put it on now." She quickly walked into her room and changed into the new outfit. It was very detailed, but comfortable. It wasn't very tight. Plus the material that was used for the gi was made to not absorb heat, so she wouldn't get overheated wearing this on an adventure.

She positioned her headband on her forehead before coming out of her room, PIXAL was still standing at the door. Her eyes lit up at the sight of Quin, "You look amazing, Quin. The color really brings out your eyes." She beamed.

Quin giggled, "Thanks. But if I may ask?" PIXAL nodded at her, "Why don't you have one? You are a part of this team. Zane has one so I thought that you would also have one." She asked.

"I do have one, but it doesn't really match my style. I would prefer to use my Samurai X suit instead of it." The female nindroid explained while rubbing the back of her neck.

Quin nodded, "This outfit does suit you really well. The dark blue color and crimson accents really compliments your look." She complimented.

PIXAL looked down while smiling, flattered by her words, "Thank you. I was also wearing these colors when I was first made by my father." She spoke.

"You like these colors because it was what your father first gave you. I admire that." Quin simpered before she looked down at her new outfit, "I like these colors because of a special reason as well. They were my parents' favorite color, and they were also one of my old friend's favorite." She explained.

PIXAL gave her a half-smile, "Looks like we have more in common than we initially thought."

Quin returned the smile, "It seems like we do have a lot in common." She turned her head towards the hallway, "We should probably meet the others at the gate." She grabbed her small duffel bag that was filled with her essential items and looked back at PIXAL, "Come on."

PIXAL nodded, "Just let me grab my stuff first. It's in my room." Quin nodded.

They both started walking across the hallways of the Monastery towards PIXAL's room. Halfway there, Quin decided to ask something, "I haven't seen your sensei at all since I stepped foot into this place. Where is he?" She asked.