Chapter 123: Time away

"Mommy's going to miss you all so much"

"Don't cry mommy, you see us soon"

"I know baby but I'm just going to miss you so much"

Brad has just arrived at Courteney's to pick up the kids for a long weekend. Jen and her girl friends are taking a trip to take Jens mind off of everything that's been going on, but with her emotions already elevated, she can't stop crying about not being with her children.

"We gonna have fun wif daddy and then you come back and we cuggle wif you in bed?"

"Oh definitely. How about, when I come and pick you up from daddy's, we go back to Nunu's and me, you, Polly, River and Emery all snuggle in my bed with candy and watch all the movies you want? Does that sound like fun?"

"YEAH!! I ecited now mommy"

"And me mommy, yayyyyyyy"

"Good, well you all better be going now, it sounds like daddy has lots of fun things planned for you"

"I love you so much mommy" Ophelia clings to Jen as she gives her a big squeeze

"Me too mommy, I wove you" Polly sits on Jens leg as she's giving her kisses all over

"Wove you mommy" River is standing in the middle with his head on Jens chest before lifting his head, giving her a huge smile before landing a kiss on his mothers lips

"I love you all too... so much okay, never forget that"

<><><><><>

(Jen's P.O.V)

"Right girls, are you all going to tell me where we're going yet?" We are all gathered at Courteney's house, Drea and Kristin have just arrived as Court and I were just closing up our suitcases

"Nope, not yet. We can't ruin it Jen, or else it won't be a surprise... but I will tell you two things... one... go to the bathroom before we leave. We probably will make a few stops on the way but, it's a pretty long drive, and two... we are staying at a place called ARIA Sky Suites"

"Oh wow, now I'm excited. I've had a lot of water today so be prepared to have to stop a lot" We all laugh as we make our way to Drea's car since she's the designated driver for this weekend

<><><><><>

The girls have been driving for a few hours and as pre warned by Jen, they've already made a few toilet stops along the way. Jen still doesn't know where they're heading to, but she's excited nonetheless.

So far, the journey has consisted of all the girls singing as loudly as they can to various different songs. They've been laughing and it has really taken Jen's mind off of everything that has been going wrong in her life recently.

An hour later, Courteney and Kristin have fallen asleep in the back, leaving Jen and Drea the only ones awake. The two have been talking about Jens children and Drea can see how much love her best friend has for her little munchkins.

"Oh my god... really?" Suddenly Jen gasps as they pass a sign on the road reading 'Las Vegas'

"Yep... whatcha think?" Drea says, looking at her friend smiling

"I'm SO EXCITED" Jen's little outburst of happiness startles the sleeping ladies in the back

"She's figured it out girls" Drea says, looking in the rear view mirror

"I take it you're excited?" Courteney comments with a big smile on her face as she sees the utter excitement in Jens eyes

"I'm so excited. Oh my goodness, I can't wait"

<><><><><>

The girls arrived at their destination a few hours ago and they've spent their time unpacking. They're all sharing one huge suite which has four bedrooms with double beds and en-suite bathrooms, a living space, a kitchen space, which they've already concluded that they won't be using as they'll be eating out every night, a balcony with ceiling high sliding glass doors with a hot tub in the corner. Jen wasn't bothered by which room she had but the girls let her pick since this trip was for her.

Since it's now 8pm and since they already stopped for dinner on the way, they all decide to get into their bikinis and head straight to the hot tub with a glass of wine each.

As they all relax in the warm bubbly tub, Jen reflects on how amazing her group of friends are. She knows she's so lucky to have them and she sometimes doesn't know what she's done to deserve such a fantastic friendship with each and every one of them. She can't help but get lots in her thoughts as her mind travels from them, then to Brad and lastly to her children, when she unconsciously starts smiling from ear to ear.

"What are you thinking about?" Kristin says, breaking Jen from her trance

"Just how amazing it is to have you all here with me. I can't thank you enough for being so readily available for when I need you. I also can't stop thinking about what Ophelia said to me before you all arrived..." Jen smiles again just mentioning her daughters name before she continues

"I started to cry because I didn't want to leave them and then Ophelia grabbed my face with her two tiny hands and said 'don't cry mommy, you see us soon'" All the girls 'aww', as Jen carries on

"Then she said 'We gonna have fun wif daddy and then you come back and we cuggle wif you in bed?' God, that girl pulls at my heartstrings. I can't even begin to say how much I love all four of my crotch goblins" Everyone laughs, knowing exactly what Jen means by 'crotch goblins'... and it's true, children are amazing but they really can test your patients

"I can't believe how mature she is for her age Jen" Drea says, seeing the proud look on her friends face as she talks about her children

"Honestly, she's five going on fifteen. The attitude that girl has sometimes is unreal, but at the same time she's also the most generous, kind hearted and lovable little thing, as well as her sister and brothers. She's such a daddy's girl and I wouldn't have it any other way. Even though Brad and I aren't technically together at the moment, I can't say anything bad about the way he parents... he's such an amazing father"

The three other girls look on in awe at their friend as she continues to be the strongest, most amazing woman they've ever met. Even though her and Brad are not getting along at the moment, she doesn't and won't ever utter a bad word about him.