13

^^ Succubus Queen Cynthia ^^

"So... it seems you cannot learn Soul Siphon, but you can learn Sylvan Armor, so let's begin, yes?"

The ArchMage sitting across from me shook her head slowly before suddenly kneeling as if she'd remembered something of vital importance. "Lady Bambini, you just Created a Transcendent Spell, right in front of me. You don't need my permission to access the Library, because you've just been recognized as a Royal ArchMage of the Black Tower; you have the run of the place! The Black Tower is at your disposal, and we are just happy to have a member such as you amongst our faculty!"

'User: Tabitha Bambini is the first User to become an Alumnus of the Black Tower, earning the Title 'Master Mage'.
Int & Cha + 5%
Int & Cha + 5
Reputation + 25!

User: Tabitha Bambini is the first User to become a Faculty Member of the Black Tower, earning the Title 'ArchMage'.
Int & Cha + 10%
Int & Cha + 5
Reputation + 50!

User: Tabitha Bambini is the first User to become Honored Faculty of the Black Tower, earning the Title 'Royal ArchMage of the Black Tower'.
Int & Cha + 15%
Int & Cha + 10
Reputation + 75!

As a Royal ArchMage, you possess the First Requirement for becoming Royalty!
1: Possess a Royal Bloodline or Qualification.
2: Have a Base to Level 10.
3: Have a surplus of 50,000 Gold.
4: Have 5 Vassals with Reputations of +100.
5: Have 200 Reputation.'

"Jesus, how high is my Intelligence going to Rise with all these Titles?!?" I hissed at the notification exasperatedly, frowning sarcastically at the screen that immediately popped up with my Character Sheet on it.

'User: Tabitha Bambini
Mark of the Witch
Scholar of Progress.
Titles: Mistress of Knowledge, Bandit Hunter, Merciless, Benevolent Merchant, First Lady, First Baroness, Master Mage, ArchMage, Legendary Mage, Royal ArchMage, Transcendent Mage.
Faction: Wanderer's Guild (Leader)
Faction Reputation: +300.
Rank: Baroness
Approval: 100%
HP: 300 (+50)
MP: 5,200 (+120)
Reputation: +300
-
Int: (200+60%=320)   Ath: 30
Cha: (200+60%=320) Ref: 30
Wis: 320
Trust: 620
Leadership: 320
Luck: 320
-
Skills: Witch Bolt, Chaos Arrow, Chaos Beam, Chaos Strike, Chaos Orb, Chaos Shield, Meditation (Rare), Mana Siphon (Epic), Soul Siphon (Unique), Infernal Armor (Transcendent), Magic Manipulation (Mark).'

"Hmm... alright, but you can still ask me for quests and things, you know? I feel like I haven't really contributed much by showing up and getting a title..." I sat down, prompting her to stand and sit opposite me once more finally.

"If that is your wish, then of course we can provide you a list of smaller tasks that we often give out to the Apprentices?" She conjured a small scroll, handing it to me with a shallow, seemingly reflexive bow, then continued. "Regardless, you wished to learn Teleportation Magics? We have one Conjuration ArchMage in the tower, though he doesn't go out much for obvious reasons, so you could speak to him if you wanted? He's on the third basement floor, room 33, and the entrance to the Hidden sections of the Library is actually within his quarters, so you'd have to meet him anyway to access those books you wanted... also, your Laboratory, if you'd like one, is on the Sixth Basement Floor, Lab 69."

"Uh... alright, I'll just go speak with him, then... see if I can glean some insights... thanks for your time, ArchMage Oren; if you ever need anything, contact the Wanderer's Guild." I stood up and left awkwardly, not sure how I liked the sudden subservience from this NPC; it was a stark reminder that Gregarious was also an NPC, and thus not real. It wasn't until I got out of the room that the number of my Lab caught up, making me snort inelegantly at the immature thought before continuing looking around until I found a small room with a trio of circles in the middle, labeled 'Up', 'Down', and 'Out' with a 'A1' above it all. "Oh, fuck you, Tower!" I groaned angrily, stepping onto the 'Down' circle and being transported downwards one floor. Luckily, my stomach had been emptied onto a pair of fine leather boots earlier, so it was fifteen minutes of dry-heaving for me this time around. Yay.