CHAPTER FIVE

005

005. | ( BUTTERFLIES ) 🦋 • *. . *
CHAPTER FIVE. . . . . ! ! !
━━━━ wilted flowers

 ! ! !━━━━ wilted flowers

━━━━ 🦋 ━━━━

    Daisy was a complete nervous wreck by the time the clock turned seven fifty PM. Peter was gonna be at Gwen's house in a few minutes and Daisy still wasn't prepared. So now at seven fifty-six PM, Daisy and Gwen waited patiently in Gwen's room while the branzino was being prepared. Gwen was flipping through the page of a novel while Daisy applied red lipstick to her lips.

    The whole point of inviting Peter over was for him to not feel so alone in his life after his uncle's sudden passing, and Daisy thought that maybe Peter might not even show up because he would rather be home with his aunt. Gwen looked up from her book and stared at Daisy. She got off her bed and pulled Daisy's ponytail she has kept in throughout the whole day and started to fix Daisy's hair.

    "Daisy, you are beautiful." Gwen said and flashed her a smile. Daisy couldn't help but smile and think that maybe Gwen is right about her beauty. Gwen left the room, leaving Daisy alone. Daisy felt her legs starting to shake, a normal thing that happens whenever she stands. She tossed her lipstick on Gwen's bed and slicked a lock of her hair behind her ear. The sound of knocking came and scared Daisy. She turned around and almost lost her balance but saved herself by grabbing a hold of the bed-post. Her gaze locked on Peter's profile who was knelt on the other side of the window.

    Daisy held a smile on her face but it soon faded away when she realised that Gwen's house is sitting twenty stories off the ground. Using the surroundings around her, Daisy guided hers towards the window, opening it to let him in.

    "Hey, am I late?" Peter asked, almost out of breath. "No, you're just in time. How did you get up here?"

    "Um, the eh, the fire escape. The doorman was intimidating." Peter stated. "You could've gotten hurt?" Daisy said as Peter slowly made his way into Gwen's room. Peter noticed Daisy's shaky balance so he grabbed a hold of her hand and rested it around his arm.

    "Here hold on to me." Peter says. "By the way, you don't need all that makeup on your face, you're already pretty enough." Peter said. That's what Gwen said, Daisy thought and chuckled at his comment. Gwen reappeared in her room, closing the door behind her.

    "Daisy, my mom said the branzino will be read-" Gwen lost her words when she saw Peter Parker standing in her room with Daisy. "Hey! Peter, how did you get here." Gwen asked, confusion written all over her face. "The window." Daisy and Peter said.

    "Okay, enough of the awkwardness, it's 20 stories Peter." Gwen said and folded her arms. "That's what I said." Daisy replied. Gwen looked to Daisy, clearing her throat and pointing to the flowers that Peter was holding. Daisy didn't notice the colorful boutique of flowers when Peter climbed into Gwen's room. Looking at them now, Daisy was curious for, not their wilted state, but for the curiosity of who they are for. Daisy smiled brightly before asking.

    "Who are those for?" Daisy asked and Peter chuckled nervously. "This is truly embarrassing, um, these are for you two." Peter said and used his free hand to pull the flowers apart into three separate small boutiques. "Gwen, give these to your mom." Peter said and Gwen took the flowers from his hand. "Oh they're lovely, Peter, absolutely lovely." Gwen said. "They were nice though." an embarrassed Peter said. Such a great first impression. Peter thought.

    Another knock came to the bedroom door, and both three parties turned to anxiously see who was on the other side of the door. Gwen got a nervous feeling in her stomach. My parents would kill me if they saw a boy in my room, she thought. Her parents were like every other parent with teenagers under their roof. "Girls?" It was Gwen's father, Captain George Stacy. His gaze only pays attention to Peter Parker, who shouldn't be in this room at all. Who should be waiting at the front door like every other teenage boy. But Peter isn't every other teenage boy. And neither is Daisy.

    "Dad, this is Peter." Gwen introduced Peter and gave him a look. A look that reminded him to introduce himself. Daisy knew by the stern and confused look on George's face that he was not happy. Peter nervously stretched out his hand for Captain Stacy to shake but Captain Stacy was hesitant. "It's nice to meet you too, Peter." Captain Stacy said. "I hope you like branzion." Captain Stacy said with that same stern stone-cold facial expression as he stuffed his hands in his pockets. Peter shrugs his shoulders nervously. "Who doesn't?" is all Peter Parker could say.

 "Who doesn't?" is all Peter Parker could say