CHAPTER ONE

001

001. | ( BUTTERFLIES ) 🦋 • *. . *
CHAPTER ONE. . . . . ! ! !
━━━━ meet me in the hallway

 ! ! !━━━━ meet me in the hallway

━━━━ 🦋 ━━━━

    Daisy always knew that she was different from her family. Although, she was always told that she looked like her mother, Daisy always felt like she was more like her father (scientist and all). But there are days, even moments where her and her family have been on a different path. While Resa and Eddie head to work at Oscorp and Midtown and Mel goes to university, Daisy finds herself going her own direction, following Resa to Midtown only to have her nose in a textbook and to have to sit in a wheelchair behind her desk instead of the school’s provided chairs. Though there was this constant feeling looming in the back of Daisy’s mind that her family are keeping secrets.

     It was an earlier Tuesday morning at Midtown High. The sun shined, glistening Daisy’s fiery red hair as she managed to sit comfortably on the table of a picnic bench and have William Shakepeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream (her favorite play of all time, falling in love with the love story of Theseus and Hippolyta). Her red hair was pulled up a messy ponytail, baby strands of her red curls hanging from the back bad covering half of her forehead. She was dressed warmly for the September weather. It wasn’t longer after she turned to the next page, her best friend, Mason Harte, waltzes up to her.

     “Peter Parker just took a photo of you.” Mason gets to the point, flipping some of his ashy blonde hair out of his face and keeps his gaze on Daisy. “N-no he didn’t. Pe-Pete’s a gentleman, he would t-take a photo o-of me without my consent.” Daisy slurs her words. Mason chuckles. “He did, I saw him. He stood over there and watched you for two seconds and then took the picture. I better get a copy.” Mason says. “I’ll walk you to your locker.” Mason says, helping his young friend get into her wheelchair. And it wasn’t until when Daisy rolled through the corridor of Midtown High and approached her locker, she realised that Peter Parker took a photo of her.

     She was tired from rolling around all morning when she got to her locker that was the color of navy blue and decorated with stickers (much like the ones on her wheelchair), she had to rest a bit, pressing her forehead gently on the door of her bottom locker and taking small deep breaths. “What’s your combo?” a familiar voice rings in her ears above. Looking up, Daisy sees the lanky profile of Peter Parker, his light brown hair maintaining its everyday style and black glasses on top of his eyes. He flashed her a smile. “What?” Daisy slurs. “What’s your combination? I'm helping you.” Peter says. “Oh.” Daisy finally realises. “31-03-21” Daisy repeats and Peter turns her combination lock, watching carefully to see if he gets it open. He does. “Oh! Here.” Peter says, handing Daisy the photography Mason said Peter Parker took of her just this morning.

     “T-thank you, P-Pete. The colors are… magnificent… The -f-filters.” Daisy says, not realising that the photo she holds in her hands has no filter, just Daisy and her flower-like beauty. Peter chuckles. “Daisy, there’s no filter. It’s just you.” Peter says. Peter Parker has been aware of Daisy’s ataxia. Whenever Daisy would be out of school due to treatment, he and Gwen Stacy would bring flowers (mostly or always Gerbera Daisies which are Daisy’s favorite) with them when they would visit. Peter would later head home while Gwen stayed with her ill friend doing girly things. Peter Parker was that kind of person. He cared. He never made fun of Daisy and her ataxia. Never stared at her in disgust when she would roll by in her wheelchair or glided across the floors in the hallways. Never moved away from her when she would stay next to him at lunch (in fact he would scoot in closer and share his music with her as they bonded over books and most importantly, science).

     “T-thanks for the picture, Peter.” Daisy says, giving Peter one of her smiles. He returns it. “See you when we have class together.” Peter says. Just as Peter hopped on his skateboard and skated away down the hall, Gwen Stacy approached Daisy, textbooks crossed over her chest. Her ashy blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail and wearing her usual black headband.”
“Saw Pete talking to you.” Gwen sings. “H-he gave me a photo.” Daisy says. Gwen takes a look at the beautiful photo of Daisy Burke.

     a/n: I cannot repeat the words of how excited I am for the new fan fiction. I honestly thought that I would start the prelude or the first chapter but I did and I am very proud of myself. I just need to keep getting motivation and inspiration. If you noticed, Daisy’s locker combination is the date I started this story ;). I am so excited to see where Peter and Daisy’s relationship goes and as you could tell, he cares a lot for Daisy. Enjoy this chapter and feel free to comment and please NO HATE COMMENTS!

Daisy's outfit