Chapter 2

Normani's POV:
It was 7:00 when my alarm went off so that I could get up. I woke up and checked my socials and then got up and got dressed. I went downstairs and texted Megan to see what time she was picking me up. She said she would be here in about 20 minutes. I went to the kitchen to make some breakfast which took about 10 minutes to make. I made bacon, egg, and cheese with toast. I also had some juice. I ate my food and then grabbed my stuff I needed for classes and was now currently waiting for Megan. Your probably wondering why don't I drive? It's because I simply don't like driving and I'm scared of it but yes I do have a car. Megan just arrived so I put the locks on my house and went to her car and got in.

"Hey girl" I said while getting in the car.

"Hey baby" Megan said and leaned over to give me a kiss on my cheek. I smiled and leaned in for a hug which she reciprocated.

"Ready to go" Megan asked.

"Yeah let's go" I said while putting on my seatbelt. The car fell to a comfortable silence while Megan was driving and I was scrolling through my phone.

"Can we go to Starbucks before we get to school?" I asked.

"Yeah we can go" she said. We went to Starbucks and got what we wanted and then headed to campus. Megan decided to put on some music and for the rest of the car ride we were jamming out. We arrived at school 10 minutes later and it was currently 7:40 am. Megan and I had the same class in the morning, which was English. We both went to English and sat down next to each other.

"Hello class today we have a new student named Arin Ray" our professor announced. I looked up to look at him. He was ok and he seemed cool. He sat down next to me on my other side.

"Hey I'm Arin" he said while sitting down.

"Yeah I know she just announced your name and by the way I'm Normani and this is my best friend Megan" I said while gesturing to her. She waved and stayed quiet which I thought was weird but I didn't question it. We sat through the rest of class and I was bored as fuck.

"Meg" I said as I tapped her shoulder

"Yeah what's up" she said while turning to look at me.

"I'm so bored I wanna leave" I whined. Megan giggled a little and said "if you can make it through ten more minutes at lunch we can go out and get whatever you want and later we can have a sleepover at my house. How do that sound?" My eyes light up at this because 1. I love food and 2. I love sleepovers at Megan's house.

"Ok fine you got me. Dammit your really good" I said while giggling a little and she did as well. Through the rest of the day I had a couple classes with Megan and some with Arin. We talked for a little and he seems cool. It was the end of the day and i was waiting for Megan while currently talking to Arin. I felt arms wrap around my waist and someone kiss behind my ear and then rest their chin on my shoulder. I knew it was Megan right away so I locked my fingers with hers and turned to face her trying to not to freak out about how close our faces are and she turned to face me.

"Hey baby" she said as she smiled and I relaxed into her.

"Hey babe" I said while giving her a kiss on the cheek and smiled. I completely forgot Arin was there until I turned back at him when he asked "are you two together?"

"No we aren't we're just best friends" I said

"Ok" he said