Chapter 1: New Years Day

Laura wakes up to a loud sound, like a knock, on the trapdoor.  Cautiously and nervously, she walks over and peeks outside into the desert.  No one is there except Jack, so she lets him in.

        “Hey, Laura!” Jack greeted with a cheerful smile.  "Are you good?  You look a little tired."

        “I guess I’m okay,  I mean, you kinda woke me up but yeah, I’m good.  How was the run?  I suppose Cindy’s still there or… what?”  Laura asked quietly.

        “Cindy found a map or something and she wanted to ‘grab another copy’ before comin’ back so I let her.”  He shrugged nonchalantly.

        They walked into the kitchen area and Jack started to make some cactus soup for them.  Laura grabbed the rain from the rain catcher and added a little fury fruit juice and poured it into two glasses.

        "I guess we should move our location as soon as Cindy gets back, so I'm gonna go ahead and start packing my things, then we can eat."  Laura suggested.

        "Yeah, don't want the agents of FEAR to catch us, do we?"  Jack continued to stir the soup.

        Laura went into her 'room' and started to put articles of clothing into a duffelbag.  The room was about 10 feet by 12 feet (about 11 square meters).  She dug through her shirts which consisted of BVB shirts, MCR shirts and lets not forget her all of her plain t-shirts, too.  She added some navy blue jeans to  the pile of pants in the southern end of her bag before grabbing her grey hoodie and putting it on over her plain white tee.  Zipping up her bag, she went into Cindy's room and started to pack her clothes, too when there was another knock on the trapdoor.  She went to open it and Cindy stood there with a frustrated expression.

        "You're back!"  Laura ran into a hug with her best friend in the whole world.

        "Could've answered the first knock, bud,"  Cindy retorted in a rather pissed off fashion.  "I knocked two times!  The FEAR could've seen me, is that what you want?  Huh?  To get me jailed or killed?"

        "I'm sorry, I was packing, we are, uh, gonna leave pretty soon.  I heard you found a map?"  Laura asked, trying to divert her friends energy into a more positive thing.

        "Yeah, I think it shows where they have been keeping Them."  CIndy replied excitedly.

        "Them, our goal.  We-Well, lets go!  Hurry up!"  Laura responded esctaticly.

        "JACK!"

        "Hey, Cindy, what's up?"

        "I have the map."  Jack dropped his spoon on the floor.

        "No.  Fucking.  Way."

     "Lets eat, Cindy, why don't you explain what happened for us, in all its glory.  Don't forget to exaggerate to much to be believable,"  Jack teased.  "The soup's almost done."  He picked up his spoon and washed it with just a dab of soap and water.

        "Well, I guess I can add the pirate part, or the bandits into it, you know, for entertaining purposes."  Cindy let out a small laugh.  "It started when..."

A/N:  Thanks for reading this chapter, its pretty short but this was the best chapter break that I could find.  The chapter titles are most likely going to be BVB song titles, not just ones from Wretched and Divine.  I'm going to try to update as much as I can, but I have school stuff, which is why this is only being posted now.  Thanks for reading!  :)