Chapter 13: In The End

Twenty days after the first bomb hit, everybody was sort of back to normal, not much had really happened. Jake and Jinxx had been working on getting the above-ground part of the complex up and running. They had come really close, and Andy had been trying to get the military forces prepared for an attack on the main F.E.A.R. base. Gerard was in the medical bay most of those days, helping the wounded and pushing Mikey to the back of his mind. Frank had watched it and he was in charge of checking on agriculture. The carrot plants had been doing great, which was good, since that was their fuel source 90% of the time, due to the lack of gas on the now-almost-barren planet they called home.

Ashley had been working out and building more weapons, and he and Cindy had been running supply missions with help from CC and Jack. So far, they had found a power core in an abandoned city. They got it running and decided to start excavating under it, to have a shelter. They set the core to power some farming machines that were farming, wheat, carrots, and water-melons.

"I think its working, Ash!" CC yelled from where the water system was launching water onto the plants. "Maybe hook the power up to a hydrogen-oxygen combiner as well? It might be able to create enough water to keep the plants hydrated." CC told Ash as he approached him.

"Thanks." Ashley began setting it up. Cindy then walked over to him and told him she would be gathering metal and bringing it back to the base.

---------

"Hey, Gerard.  Are you okay?"  Frank asked the handsome redhead.

"Yeah, I suppose I'm okay."  Gerard said defeatedly.

"Are you sure?"  Frank questioned caringly.

"I promise."  Gerard spoke with a small smile and he looked at Frank he's titanic before whispering something in his ear.

The pair kissed.

----------

Andy walked back to his bunk for a quick power nap, he was very tired after having a three hour strategy meeting earlier in the morning.  He fell asleep and he dreamed of being in a band like they had before F.E.A.R. and the war.

Fight for all you know, when your back's against the wall.  Stand against the lions*.  Stronger than before, when your life becomes a war.  Set the world on fire.

~fin~

*lions- not sure if that's the lyric but it makes more sense to me than liars so that's what I wrote

A/N:  Awe.  It's over!  To anyone who read the entire thing, thank you so much for reading!  I really enjoyed writing this, it was my first fanfic and now that I've completed it, I feel really great.  It was a wild ride and these last few chapters will probably be re-written so look out for that.  But the final song lyric will stay the same.