4

I follow my Dad down the street near my primary. Becky walks next to him and they start to talk about their past and what's going on but I don't listen. Dad said this is when he and Becky were in high school meaning Mom might be here somewhere. I liked that blonde lady though. She seemed nice. Suddenly, Dad stops. I turn to notice Becky staring at someone behind us. A man with short blonde hair is stood behind us, Meeting her gaze.
"Well well. Hello Naughty List."
"Leave me alone."
Dad murmurs something in her ear and I hear her reply.
"Stanley."
Even though I don't know who Stanley is, I don't really like him and Dad and Becky seem to feel the same way.
"She said back off dude."
Dad and Becky turn away from the man who is still calling for Becky so we run as fast as we can. After running down an alleyway with tons of shrubs, we stop and collect ourselves. Dad peaks out onto the main street when he stops and turns, confusion and sadness expressed on his face.
"What was it?"
"Jane."
My ears perk up and I move to go see her. I round a corner and hug a figure who looks very much like her. Becky pulls me back from her as she kicks me, annoyed.
"Ugh, take better control of your kid!"
My heart breaks and I don't resist Becky as she returns me to Dad. Tears stream down my face and I watch my Dad and Becky talk through blurry eyes. The lady from yesterday, Linda, spots me crying and goes to comfort me. Becky clears her throat to make her presence known and the girl jumps slightly but explains.
"I was just going to give him a sweet to try to cheer him up but if he can't have it, that's fi- hey don't I recognise you? You came into my home yesterday?"
Becky nods but we hear a loud "Found ya!" So we run, Linda joining us, away from Stanley. Dad stumbles and crashes into Mom and she chases us too. We turn the corner into a scene we're shocked to see.