The Angel's Sacrifice Ch. 15

~January passes...~

                                     ~February done and gone...~

                                                                                           ~March 6:

A knock on the door tells the young woman a visitor has arrived. Slowly getting up from the bed, the lady opens the door.

There in the threshold lies a young man with vibrant green eyes. Tucked in his shirt is a small ball of shivering black and white fur. The female gasps in surprise as the man presents the kitten towards her.

Taking the snow brushed animal in her arms, the girl asks, "Where did you find him?"

As the lady cuddles the creature, the man smiles shyly. "I found him wandering around the outside of the castle... I hope he'll be okay..." he says, trailing off.

The girl snorts, "The kitty will be fine. And you don't mind...?"

"Not at all. It's a birthday present, after all," the man shrugs.

Glancing at the Dawn, then at his new caretaker, the kitten yawns and snuggles closer to the lady's shoulder.

The boy stares at the girl as she smiles down on her new companion. And he wishes with a deep longing, that some day the adoration on this girl's face will be for him and no one else.

~April~

            ~May~

                        ~June~

"I fall in love with him more and more each day..." the girl writes as silent tears leave her blue glistening eyes. "I fear that I will never leave, not because I can't but because I do not want to. His smile, the way he is full of life, how he laughs and makes me want to laugh as well. It's so strange-- here I am surrounded by nothing yet he brings me light though he is the darkness to which I need the light. I'm sorry diary; I don't make sense any more..."

                                      ~July~

                                                    ~August~

A young man stares into the sunset, recalling the day when the final flurries of winter had melted as the last rays of the day had vanquished their hold on the castle and surrounding landscape. Instead now he sees the flowers wilt as once more chilling breezes took place of summer winds. He thinks of the girl and how much he has grown to love her and how he wants to protect her. But how can he when he, himself, will be the one to destroy her? He loves her so much, yet he has barely skimmed the surface of who she truly is.

                                                                     ~September~

                                                                                              ~October~

                                                                                                                  ~November~

Deep under the footing of both the girl and the boy, resides an evil force bound to both. The time in which his master will become just as dark closes. One more year and the Fallen will be free. But this person, no this being, doesn't want freedom. Oh no, he requires something more pure: joy and happiness. He sits and schemes of wondrous ways to get what he most desires. And after much thought he has a plan, a ploy, a plot. So he lies in wait for the day in which he may spring it on the unsuspecting inhabitants of the castle.

                                                                                           ~~End of Part 1~~