Chapter 2

I'm up before the sun is up from another nightmare. I've decided to get ready to train Finn and the others. I've read Leia's old texts about the Jedi and Sith. Tomorrow I will begin training them. I write down specific notes and small things to remember when a knock comes from my door.

"Come in." I yell. The door opens and heavy footsteps enter my room. I look up and jump when I come face to face with Ben Solo. I scramble back and turn to grab my lightsaber. When I turn back around Finn is standing in the spot where Ben was standing. I look around the room before my eyes land on Finn again.

"You okay, Rey?" he asks, still looking at my hand with the lightsaber in it.

"Yeah, sorry. I thought you were someone else." He looks suspicious for a second, but comes to sit beside me.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

"I've been asked by Luke and Leia to train you and some of the others."

"Train us? Like train us to become Jedi?"

"Yes. I'm gathering some knowledge. You should go tell the others."

"Okay. Oh, Poe asked for you to meet him at his ship. Whatever that means."

"Okay. I'll see you later." I close the book I've been reading as Finn leaves and realize I'm still holding my lightsaber. I attach it to my belt and make my way to Poe. I walk up to his fighter and look around for him. He steps out of the cockpit.

"Rey. I've been looking for you."

"It seems like you're always looking for me." I say with a laugh.

"It does, doesn't it." he says. "I heard something from BB-8 about last night. I heard Leia and Luke came. What did they want?"

"Nothing much." I say, wondering whether I should tell him the truth.

"Okay. Just don't keep anything important from me." he says and switches something. I turn and walk through the woods to the start of Leia's course. I begin with the ball that blasts lasers out and clear my mind. I complete the course with little to no difficulty. When I get to the end BB-8 tells me that everyone is at dinner. I wash up and make my way to the dining hall. I sit down beside Finn and Poe who are discussing whether Darth Vader or Kylo Ren was stronger.

"Guys, can we not talk about this?" I ask. They both give me a look before switching topics to Leia. I drown them out and begin to think about dangerous things concerning Ben. I shiver and look up to see my grandfather. Palpatine. Instinct hits and I pull out my lightsaber and run it through him. Just as he falls to the floor, Ben Solo's face appears. I pull my lightsaber out of his body as he draws his last breath. I fall to my knees as a hand falls on my shoulder. I jump and look over my shoulder to see Finn staring at me with frightened eyes. I look back at where Ben was lying on the floor. Instead a huge hole in the ground and a scorch mark is all that appears. I look behind me and see the whole dining hall facing me in silence. I glance around and take in the mess I've made.

"Go back to what you were doing." Finn says as he leads me out the door. When we're outside with Poe, BB-8, C3P-O, R2-D2 and D-O, we stop.

"What happened back there?" Poe yells.

"I don't know. I saw Palpatine and then B...Kylo Ren."

"Why are you crying?" Finn asks.

I wipe my hands across my cheeks and they come back wet from tears. "I'm not crying."

"Whatever." Poe says. "Just don't do that again. People will think you're going crazy."

"Sorry. I don't know what came over me." I say. He turns and walks away while the rest of the droids head back inside the dining hall without much chatter. Finn gives me a look.