Chapter 19: Go Free

Hey guys, guess who quit their job, is gonna go to college in 2 months, and got strep throat and an ear infection, it was me!! Yes!! Finally left that job, don't care for it anymore and moving forward to better things like college and then got sick and still is slightly sick. So, happy to move forward. Now let's get this chapter going.
~~~

Irene's Pov:

I stared at Acnologia as his face read different emotions that I don't know which emotion it is, anger, sadness, regret??

"What?" He asked to me repeat myself.

"The queen of the dragons? I'm her. I've been wanting to tell you this entire time but I was scared and all that we went through together, I'm getting over my fear." I told him as I tried to straighten out my clothing from our love making.

"You should feel fear." He warned me.

"What?" I questioned as I backed up a little bit.

"All that happened. Everything that happened was all because of you. You caused so many people to be killed and you don't regret anything?"

"Hey! If I could take it all back I would! I had to create dragon slayer magic for the humans can fight along side the dragons. I never knew what the consequences were if you kept killing the dragons, I didn't know about the dragon cancer seed. I'm sorry about what happened to you, but I want you and I to move past everything that happened in the past, cause we can't change what happened 400 years ago." I explained.

"Alright, so let's forget everything then. Let's forget the women who has been lying to me and deceiving me. You could've just told me the truth in the very beginning, but instead you lied and continued to lie."

"I'm telling you the truth now, I could've just continued lying to you and make you think that the queen was dead, but she isn't. She's standing here right now in front of you, you the king of the dragons. You have to understand that was I so scared to tell you the truth. You have killed more dragons then any other dragon slayer out there, and I was afraid that you were gonna slay me next if I told you the truth, but now I wanna make things right. Please. I wanna be with you." I pleated.

Suddenly I saw his eyes grew soft and gentle. He walked over to be till there was barely space in between us and wrapped his muscular arms around me. I instantly hugged him back as I felt the warm spread throughout my chest. A smiled creeped on my face.

Suddenly Acnologia flinched as he gasped and pulled me away as he gasped for air.

"What's wrong?" I asked worried and concerned as I rushed to his side.

"No, we can't. We can't be together, Irene. I'm sorry." He came out a said.

The shock hit me hard as I felt as if he just slapped my across the face.

"What?" I mumbled as I felt small tears forming in my eyes.

"There is no way we could be together. Grant I know that we are both dragons and all, and that we practically share the same life style, but there's something that weighs down on my conscious, and I feel as if history would repeat instead again. I can't let that happen again, I'm sorry." He said as he began to walk away.

"Wait! What do you mean? History repeating itself?"

He turned his back away from me and I felt the quiver in his voice.

"There was a women back then who I cared about very much. She meant the world to me, and I stopped my killings and wanted a normal life. However, tragedy struck when she died a horrible fate. And she was all that I had left and she's gone. How long would it take till I lose you to and you die and leave me as well?"

"Oh, you never told me about this women before. I'm sorry that happened to you, but everything will be alright. I know it will." I smiled sweetly as I caressed his cheek.

He sighed as he gently pulled my hand away from his face.

"I can't let you suffer as she did. She deserved better and so should you. I suggest you go back home and I'm going back to Ishgar. I'll keep my promise to Zeref about attacking, but I'm letting you go free, my little slave."

My lips mumbled as I felt tears go down my face. And he gently wiped them away. I closed my eyes and leaned in for his touch.

"There, there my queen. Don't cry, it's for the better. I'm not happy that you didn't tell me about you being the queen till now, but I'm happy that I know she's alive. Alive and well. Standing right in front of me. Take care of yourself."

He pulled away and said goodbye.

"Wait!" I cried out.

But it was to late was he disappeared with the wind. He must've teleported back to Ishgar. I wiped my tears as I finished getting dressed and decided to go back home ad well.

I guess I should tell the emperor that I failed but at least he'll keep his promise and not attack. But still even though it's only be a few days, it's been the best ever. I've never felt so happy and loved before.

I finished dressing and then decided to head home alone. I'm sure if the stars allow it, our destiny will allow us to be together. I'm sure of it. Fate will bring us together.

Till then we are apart, but we will meet again.

To be continued:

Ahh, thanks guys for reading and for being patient. I shall update more and the other stories as well. I keep forgetting that trapped in Edolas still exists, and my maid, and freedom. I shall finish them. Take care guys and stay dry it's been pouring down rain for the past week.