Chapter 12

CALLIE'S POV

        Since we are in my hometown still I'm scared for the meet and greet. Lets just say I was not the most liked kid in my school. No one knows I got adopted by Lauren yet and for now I like it like that. I don't want anyone treating me different to get on my good side to be friends with fifth harmony.

        I didn't really know who they were before they had me sleepover so I'm not sure how big the crowd is going to be.  Quite frankly I don't really know a lot of there songs. They sing them a lot and I listen to them a decent amount over the past 3 days I have been with them.  I know the tunes but not really all of the lyrics. 

        "Alright girls, time to go!" Grace, their day to day manager says.

        "Lets go munchkin." Lauren says scooting out of the seat. I quickly follow and grab for her hand. She gladly accepts stroking her thumb over my knuckles.

        "I know that you weren't a fan of us before so we have a few things to warn you about." Ally said as we were entering the car to drive to the entrance.

        "They sometimes mob us to grab pictures or say hi." Dinah said.

        "And it gets pretty loud at times with all the screaming." Camila continued.

        "Most of the time we try to stop to take pictures and in those u might not be in them.  Usually one of our parents are always traveling with us so you could go stand with them and hold their hands if you want. And dont worry, we all told our parents about you and they are excited to meet you." Lauren finished.

        "Since we are in LA, Dinah's family is going to be here. While we are on stage you can either stay with them or watch from the wings." Normani said.

        This was way too much at once and I got really nervous. None the less we approached the front of the arena and I squeezed Lauren's hand tighter.

        "Dont worry baby, everything is going to be alright." She whispered in my ear. 

        Stepping out of the car there were automatic loud screams.

        LAUREN I LOVE YOU

        ALLY MARRY ME

        CAMILA YOUR PRETTY

        CAMREN IS REAL

        NORMINAH IS GOALSSS

        I was getting overwhelmed and the day didnt even start yet. They waved but continued to walk knowing we were a little late already. I was holding Lauren's hand still when we met up with the rest of their team who were already in the meet and greet area.

        "Okay babe, now I have to go meet some fans. You can sit right here and watch. Remember what we practiced okay. Im gonna be right here." Lauren said giving me a sympathetic look and slowly letting go of my hand.

        I knew this had to happen but a huge lump in my chest grew. For some reason I am afraid without one of the girls with me. I took a deep breathe and gulped nodding back at Lauren.

        She walked over to the girls who all looked over to me and gave me a small sad smile. But I know they have to do their job.         

       Soon this huge man came walking over to me. "Hey Callie, I know we haven't formally met but I am Big Rob, the girls body guard. You can trust me just like the girls do okay? I will protect you over my life and you are 100% safe with us alright?" He said, and I was taken back a little. Not this many people have cared about me all at once. I nodded in response with a small smile.

        The first person came in and I just stared into space. Big Rob stood over to the side to give the girls privacy but to intervene just in case necessary. The girls all had smiles on their face and you could tell they loved every second they had with their fans and I dont want to take that away from them. They shouldn't have adopted me.

        People came and went for around an hour until Lauren brought me out of my thoughts. "Cal? Hello? Callie?" She said

        My head shot up and I nodded.

        "We have about five more people okay. You re doing great angel. Almost done." She said and I nodded again. I really have to bring myself to talk but I dont know if I can.

        I looked by the door to see the next person walk in. A group of 5 girls walked in and I recognized them. This is what I was afraid was going to happen. I was Skylar and her group of girls who have tormented me ever since I was placed in the adoption center. It used to be stupid little words but it had came to so much more now.

        Skylar met eye contact with me and smirked. Oh great, just what I wanted to happen.

        She was all nice and sweet with all of her friends to the girls and acted fake.  I put my head down hoping she wouldnt come over here and would just leave.

        "Hey ya little whore. What are you doing here? Got a nice day out of the adoption center because they felt bad that no one wanted you. Never forget that you are a worthless piece of nothing and not worth existence." She said quietly so Fifth Harmony couldnt hear. "Cant wait for tonight. Im sure you cant either." She said to me laughing and walking out of the room with her poesy.

        I had tears in my eyes and my head was low so the girls wouldn't notice. The whole time she was talking to me the girls and big rob were talking about the show tonight and talking to the camera lady who took a couple of group shots for the girls.

        "Ready munchkin." Camila said coming up next to me. I nodded and walked away without anyone near me.

        Skylar is right. I am nothing and worth nothing. And the girls love their fans so much and I am taking away from that. Im going to cut everyone off.

        Camila reached for my hand but I quickly pulled away not making any sort of eye contact with her walking faster ahead to soundcheck.

CAMILA'S POV

        Callie pulled her hand away from mine when I was reaching for her. I hope we didnt just mess everything up with her. uuugggghhhhh.

        "Laur, I just reached for Callie's hand and she pulled away and wont take her eyes off of the floor. I don't want to loose connection with her again." I said leaning onto Lauren as we walked through the Arena to the soundcheck area.

        "Im sure shes fine, maybe she needed some space. If you want we can go talk to her before we get on soundcheck stage." She responded and I nodded.

        Entering the side stage for the soundcheck I found Callie sitting on the couch still staring at the floor under her.

        "Hey Cal, you alright?" Lauren said putting an arm around Callie.

        As fast as she could, Callie scurried away onto the other side of the couch not bothering to look up. Laurens face changed and she looked extremely hurt the the actions that Callie just did. 

        Lauren hopped off the couch and knelled in front of Callie but did not touch her probably in fear of what might happen.

        "Callie? Look at me please babygirl." Lauren softly said.

        Callie slowly raised her head exposing a tear stained face. The urge to hug her was so strong but I didnt want to push anything.

        "I dont know what happened and none of us do. Was it someone at the meet an greet? Did someone say something?" Lauren said not bothering to wait for a response she quickly added. "We all love you very much and nothing that anyone will say or says to you will make that change." 

        "Now. I dont want to make you uncomfortable but I really want to hug you. If you dont want to its okay and just lean back. If you are okay with it lean forward." Lauren finished.

        Callie leaned forward jumping onto Lauren practically knocking her over.

        "I love you so very much Callie its not even real." She said right as management called us to go onto stage.