Chapter 9

"Daddy?" Jinora breathed as she saw him lying next to her mother, alive.

"Jinora?" her parents said in unison looking up at her.

Bumi came up next to her and took her hand as he stared at the people in front of him.

"Bumi!" Kya shouted as she sat up.

One by one, each of the people around them joined hands and stepped into view of their future selves/family. Everyone was shocked, none of them saying anything because they didn't know what to say.

"Jinora," Tenzin said after a long pause. "What on Earth is going on here?"

The teenager started rambling about the Time Spirit and what was going on in the spirit world, but was eventually interrupted by Korra.

"So what you're saying is that the Time spirit is fighting and therefore all of time is off balance?" The Avatar asked.

"Yes," Jinora said quietly.

"So then all we need to do is figure out how to calm it down and things will go back to the way they were before?"

"I don't know," Jinora answered truthfully. "I just know they won't get any worse."

"So let's kick some Time spirit butt!" Meelo said.

"It doesn't work like that." Jinora said. "There is something upsetting it and we have to undo that."

"Well, we're not going to do that from here," Aang said. "So let's go and see the spirit."

Jinora hesitated. She knew that if they left the edge, her family wouldn't be able to see them anymore.

Appearing to read her mind, Tenzin said, "It's alright, Jinora. We will be fine, just do what you need to do and we'll be waiting for you when you get back." He smiled softly at her and she nodded.

She let go of Aang's hand and slowly the image faded away.

"So what do we do?" Bumi asked.

"We save the Time spirit."

Jinora went over and looked straight at the white fox-dove, trying to see if anything was out of the ordinary. She noticed that their eyes were practically glowing with rage, but didn't think much of it. That was until Lord Zuko pointed something out.

"What's that red stuff on its feet?" (Ready for Zootopia vibes?)

"It looks like it's coming from the flowers around it." Aang pointed and the vibrant red tulip-like flowers that covered the ground around them.

Jinora immediately recognized the flowers and gasped.

"I know what those are! I watched them drive Bum-Ju crazy once. They're called 'the fire's friend'. Any spirit that touches the red powder on the petals is filled with anger."

"No digs on the Fire Nation or anything," Lord Zuko muttered under his breath. Jinora ignored him.

"We have to get the spirit away from this field. It's the only way to restore the balance." Jinora looked at the others as she spoke.

"Yeah, but how are we going to do that?" Chief Sokka asked. "That thing's twice your uncle's height."

"I don't know." Jinora looked at the ground in resignation. She knew what had to happen now, but she didn't even have the first clue how to do it.

Bumi but his hand on her shoulder and she looked up at him. He smiled at her and said, "We'll figure something out, we always do." She nodded.

Out of the corner of her eye, Jinora noticed that Chief Sokka was messing with his boomerang and it seemed to catch the attention of the Time spirit.

"Ch-Sokka, throw your boomerang towards it." Jinora said.

He was confused for a moment, but did as she said. The spirit went leaping after it as fast as it could. As the boomerang came back, so did the spirit.

"I know how to fixt it!" Jinora exclaimed now full of hope. She was absolutely going home.
~~~~~
I'm so so so so sorry it took this long for an update! Expect the next one tomorrow or the day after!