Chapter 12

(Triple Update....?)

*Kay's POV*

Today was the day of the funeral.

To be honest, I didn't even want to go.

This would be my third funeral I've been two in my life but second funeral within a year. And I wasn't emotionally stable for this. But it was Ky who dragged me out of the bed.

"Come on, Kay. Con wouldn't want us to be like this," he told me before I got up.

Sighing, I took a quick shower before getting dressed into my outfit. It was a navy velvet sequin skater dress paired with my black suede calf flat boots and a black blazer with 3/4-length sleeves. I put on my charm bracelet and necklace before straightening my hair.

Just as I finished straightening my hair, Ky came back and said, "you ready?"

"Yeah," I said until the reflection of something in the mirror caught my attention. "I'll be right down."

Ky said okay before leaving as I got up. Going over to my penguin, I picked it up before slowly taking the beanie off it. Holding onto it for a moment, I then decided to place the beanie on. My outfit now felt completed.

I grabbed my phone before leaving the house and went over to Ky's car. My hand was on the handle when my heart just froze. I couldn't move.

Everything was becoming more and more realistic that I started to hurt a lot.

But slowly, I opened the door and got in. Ky gave me a small smile and I just held his hand. He needed family right now and considering his own family hates him. I'm all he has now that Con is gone.

Unforunately, we arrived there in what seemed like just a matter of a few minutes. Some of the boys and girls from our group came to help Ky through this. Then a few of Con's family members came.

Basically, the only family members we could find since, like Ky's, his family cut off all ties with him after his parents died. When we got out, Ky walked over to me and we linked arms because in a sense we were all we had when it came to Con.

This was when I noticed that Ky was wearing the shirt Con loved seeing him wear. He was also wearing his favorite navy blue beanie. Con had two favorite beanies. The one I'm wearing then the one Ky is wearing.

I knew today was gonna be the hardest day for Ky to live through. He could fake a smile and be the nicest to everyone but deep down I was hurting. I noticed these signs because I gave the same signs at Will's funeral.

Soon the ceremony was starting and we took our seats. Ky and I sat in the row in front of the casket with Carter, Aliaya, Shawn and Taylor to our right.

Tyler, Connor, Ricky and Troye even showed up because when they did visit we'd always hang out together. So them being here meant a lot to Ky.

After the priest said his part, some family members said a few words and Taylor and Nash said some things too. They were there with us for most of the time so they had some things to say about Con. But soon it was time for Ky to go up and I knew this was going to be hard on him.

"Hello everyone," he begun. "I'm Kyle but some people call me Ky. Conner was my best friend in the world. He soon became my boyfriend and sadly we had a short amout of time together as a couple. But everyday we were together, his smile wasn't fake. It was his true genuine smile that I fell for a while back. Not to forget to mention his eyes were the most beautiful thing too. That's all besides the point. The real point here is Con is one of the greatest people you could meet in your life. He was funny, smart, charming, outgoing, sometimes do idiotic things but he was always there for you. He was reliable for everyone he met. Even if you turned your back on him, he'd still be there for you because that's the type of guy he was. He loved everyone not for how they looked but for the beauty within. And I was glad he got to share his true colors with other people besides just me. Especially this one amazing girl who randomly met him at a store but became the most bestest friend we could have besides each other. And this girl right here is going to sing Con's most favorite song cause it was his request. But before I let her come up and do so. I just want to say right now to you guys and Con. I will always love him. He's my first love and forever will be. Nobody can take his place and nobody will ever be like him. He was my rock. My shoulder to cry on. My first love. My best friend. And the one who stole my heart. And I know where he's at right now, he's still holding onto my heart because he'll never let go. Con is the love of my life and he'll be deeply missed. I'll be thinking of you Con."