00:04

The day was bright and warm, the flowers already bloomed making the petals rain over the sidewalk

The day was bright and warm, the flowers already bloomed making the petals rain over the sidewalk. Hana walked through them, catching a few with her hands. She wanted to stop and watch them a few minutes more, but she wanted to be at the comic book cafe on time. She didn't want to be late for her date with Sunwoo.

She arrived at the cafe, but didn't enter yet. She wanted to greet Sunwoo by the door. So she stood there for a few minutes, under the sun. The girl soon saw Sunwoo jogging, his eyes wandering around, in search for her.

"Sunwoo!" The girl happily called to him, making his eyes focus on her. He slowed down, walking with a smile towards her. "You made it."

"Did I come too late?" Sunwoo wait seeing a few beads of sweat forming on her forehead. He took out his handkerchief, patting off the beads of sweat. "Sorry."

"No, don't be." The girl reassured the guy, taking his hand and intertwining her fingers with his. "I'm glad you're here."

"You know, this series is super good." Sunwoo said as he pointed to the stacked comic books on the shelf. "Life changing even."

Hana picked up the first book of the series, looking at the cover and blurb for it. She felt uneasy after reading the summary, instantly dropping the book to the floor.

FORGET ME NOT

Takashi Hayama is a third year high school student. He falls in love with Azusa Oribe at first sight and they begin to date.

One day, Azusa tells Takashi "people who meet me, forget about me several hours later."-

"Are you okay?" Sunwoo said as he picked up the book that was on the floor. Hana trembled in her place, her hands shaking in fear thinking that Sunwoo had forgotten their conversation from yesterday.

"Sunwoo, do you remember me?" The girl shakily asked. "Do you remember me from yesterday?"

"Hana, we were at the arcade yesterday." He reassured her, holding her shoulders, softly massaging her. "I remember you."

She calmed down to the sound of the words escaping his mouth. Finally someone remembers her. She thought to herself as she took the book from his hands. He intertwined his hands with hers again, squeezing it a bit tighter to reassure her.

"This comic book cafe is so cozy." Sunwoo complimented the place. The small comic book cafe was located in a quiet neighborhood, with different decorations for each section that contained different genres of comic books.

They sat together, with Sunwoo lying down on the couch and using Hana's lap as his pillow. Sometimes they would catch each other, glancing at one another and then shyly look away smiling. They enjoyed each other's company quietly, with the sound of pages being flipped filling up the room.

"Thank you for remembering our date today." Hana thanked the boy, looking at her comic book, too shy to look at him.

"Thank you for being here." Sunwoo's words rang through her ears. Visions of how they met again flashing through her eyes.

"You know, that series' ending is insane." Sunwoo continued, while the girl ran her fingers through his curly hair. Her soothing touch calmed the boy down. "When Takashi re-"

"Stop right there." Hana shoved a stuffed bear over his lips, stopping him midway through his sentence. "I don't want any spoilers."

"Okay then." The boy sat up, facing the girl beside him. "Predict it." He challenged, pointing to the book in the girl's hands.

"Hmm." The girl hummed while thinking about her answer for a while. How could the story about a girl being forgotten end?

"I'm waiting." Sunwoo said while crossing his arms. Before the cafe attendant called their number, notifying them about their meal.

"We should get that before the noodles get soggy." Hana said to the boy pushing him up, avoiding the question.

How would this story really end?

Sunwoo came back with a bowl of ramyeon and a few cuts of soondae. He was delighted at the girl's choice of snack food.

"Your taste is phenomenal." Sunwoo complimented the girl who sat across him this time, pulling his sleeves up to enjoy their meal. "Ramyeon is best paired with soondae."

"I know." Hana smiled at him, taking a few pieces of soondae for herself. Of course she knew, she already ordered this combo for him dozens of times now.

"I'm glad to have suited your palate." Hana said to the boy who continued to read while eating. "You deserve it."

"You too." Sunwoo said while putting the book down, opening a bottle of yogurt and handing it to her. "You deserve so much more than what you have right now."

"Having you remember me is all that I need." She said to the boy with sparkles in her eyes. "Thank you for being beside me right now." She thanked Sunwoo for god knows how many times now, she was eternally grateful to the hope and attention Sunwoo was able to give to her, even with her situation.

"If you really want to remember this, we can write our names on the wall. Sunwoo said pointing behind the sofa they were sitting on, revealing dozens of names scribbled on the wall. "I asked the staff about the markers in front earlier, and they said that they let people write their names behind the sofa they sat on during their stay."

"Shall we?" Hana said standing up and making her way to the counter, borrowing the pastel colored pens. "What should we write?"

"You tell me." Sunwoo replied back to the girl while moving the sofa. "They said short messages were possible too."

The girl squatted down behind the sofa, scribbling right away. She used her red pen, and drew a bud of cherries with two faces.

"That's cute." Sunwoo complimented the girl's drawing.

"That's me and you." She smiled at her drawing, adding a few details to the faces on the cherries. She added the day's date and a heart too, not missing any detail for their first date.

"You should write our names." Sunwoo suggested, handing his green pen to the girl.

"So that we'll never forget about our first date." She said standing up from her spot, with Sunwoo putting his hand up to her head trying to block her from hitting the low ceiling.

The two both admired their spot on the wall, the way Sunwoo's cherry had a few baby curls and how Hana's had a flower on her head.

The little details on her drawing reflected the new memories she had gained today, the first memories she had gathered after she began to be forgotten.

"So you'll get reminded of us when you visit this place again." Hana said to the boy while closing up the pens.

"How could I even forget about this in the first place?"