Chapter 1

I sat on the curb of the side walk by my school with my phone to my ear and a look of irritation on my face.

"Hey dumbass, if you decide to remember my existence and come pick me up, call me." I left my 16th voicemail on my twin brother, Nash's phone.

I ran my hand through my now sweaty, light brown hair and rubbed my arms a few times, trying to warm up. I was in spandex and a short sleeve shirt, as volleyball practice had ended two hours ago.

The early May sun was beginning to set and the heat of day was beginning to fade, fast.

I'd called almost everyone of my friends with cars, who were currently unavailable. My parents were enjoying a week away from kids in Florida. Lucky me. That left my idiot brother Nash who asked to take the car to whatever he was doing.

I scrolled through my contacts in my phone, my hand hovering over the one name I'd been thinking about since the first time Nash didn't answer his phone. Cameron Dallas.

I was undecided for several reasons, one being that I didn't know him that well, and two being who wants to pick up their best friend's sister from volleyball practice?

I took my eyes off the screen to look at my surroundings. The beautiful sunset that was displayed in front of me told me that it would be dark soon, not giving me much time to find a ride.

I could walk the 10 miles home or man up and call the boy with a pretty face.

I sighed, tapping the contact and hitting the "call" button. It rang a few times before his voice filled the silent air through the phone.

"Alex?" He asked. My breath caught in my throat before I could talk.

"Yeah, um hey. Nash was supposed to pick me up and he's not answering my calls, and I didn't know who else to call so I called you. It's okay-" he cut me off,"Alex, it's fine, I can pick you up." He said, chuckling.

I breathed a sigh of relief before thanking him and hanging up. I was normally great talking with boys. I had tons of friends that were boys and I talked with most of Nash's friends, but something about Cameron just made me nervous when I talked, like I was going to screw something up.

I waited about 15 minutes before my step dad's Lexus pulled up beside the curb I sat on. Cameron was staying at our house, so he didn't have his car, I assumed.

Cameron smiled at me as I stood up and opened the door before sliding in.

"Thanks." I said quietly.

"No problem,"He said as he pulled out of the parking lot,"So Nash isn't answering his phone?" He asked.

I shook my head,"I literally called him 16 times. I swear I'm going to kill him when I see him." I said.

Cameron chuckled as he played with the radio station, before settling on the song "Sugar" by Maroon 5. I hummed along as I looked out the window.

"Is Hayes home?" I finally asked, as we pulled into my neighborhood.

"Yeah, I think he's upstairs." Cameron replied as we reached home. I opened the door and got out, meeting Cameron in front of the car.

"Thanks again." I said with a smile.

"Really, I wasn't doing anything important, it's no big deal." He reassured me with a smile.

I unlocked the front door and headed to the kitchen, grabbing a snack and sitting at the breakfast bar, going on Instagram.

"Hey Al-" The sentence that Nash had started was cut short when he realized what he'd forgotten to do.

I stood up,"You forgot something." I said.

"Al I'm so sorry, it won't happen again, I swear." He promised. I glared at him,"Nash, I called you 16 freakin times! What the hell were you doing that caused you to miss all of those?" I asked, folding my arms.

"Well, I um, I can't tell you." He said, which was weird because he normally would give the first cliché excuse that came to mind.

"Nash, c'mon you tell me everything." I said, no longer caring about his mistake, but focusing on what he wasn't telling me.

"It's nothing Alex." He said as he began to walk upstairs. I followed him,"Nash!" I whined.

"Alex!" He mocked. I glared at him,"Fine, next time I have a secret, I'm not telling you." I said. He chuckled,"Alex this isn't 2nd grade."

"Whatever." I said, walking to Hayes' room and opening the door before slamming it shut.

Hayes looked up, startled. "Hey Al." He said,"Just come in anytime you want."

"Thanks," I said, completely ignoring his sarcastic comment,"Anyways can you tell your brother how much of an asshole he's being!" I said.

"What did he do now?" He asked.

"He won't tell me what he was doing! And he forget to come pick me up, so Cameron had to come get me." I explained.

"Wait Cam picked you up?" Hayes asked.

"Seriously, that's what you got out of that?" I asked.

"No it's just he had a conference call about his tour with Nash and I." Hayes explained. I thought he said he wasn't doing anything.

"Really?" Hayes nodded.

"Cool." I said, leaving his room and going to mine. Why would Cameron leave an important call to come get me?
__________
A/n: hey my lovelies, first chapter, hope you enjoy! The picture on the first page is Mckayla Marony, the person I chose to play Alex Grier. I promise that it will be getting more interesting but comment some ideas on what you think Nash is hiding:)
~ Jaylynn