↳ EPISODE TWO

"Good luck."
═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

We, the Song siblings, went through some sort of transformation the day after receiving our Paper Hearts. The morning we went back to school from summer break, I awoke and went to school as usual- but instead of viewing the stupid boys as people not to waste my time with, I began viewing them as hot guys that I wanted to date and hold hands with. I controlled myself, of course, picking and choose who would be the best person to entrust my love to.

Minjae, on the other hand, used his good looks to start dating all the girls at our school. He didn't care if they were labeled pretty or ugly, he just dated like it were the end of the world. Since Dad left for more business trips the week after Minjae's birthday and Mom was back to her regular work schedule, there wasn't really anyone around to care about who Minjae or I dated.

For nearly twelve months, I kept myself under control until becoming a second year. When I was close to fifteen years old, a certain first-year entered the school in the fall, said to have been dreaming to become an idol. Just the thought of him brought tremors to my weak, innocent heart. His name was Bang Junhyuk.

I'm not quite sure why I fell for him. Maybe it was because I tripped over air and literally fell on my face for him. He didn't laugh at me or anything- well maybe he chuckled a bit, but afterward, he extended his right hand to help me get up.

"Are you okay?" he asked in his beautiful, deep, husky voice. I looked up at him slowly and time seemed to stop like it were a scene out of a movie.

His dark eyes sparkled against the light pouring in from the windows next to us. His black, messy hair seemed to be placed wherever on his head, but he was still handsome. His lips... they were so pretty.. small... pink.. kissable...

In an instant, I changed my personality and became a shy teenage girl out of a cringey American flick. "O-Oh, yes, I-I'm so sorry. I'm such a klutz," I laughed awkwardly, pushing my hair behind my ear and grabbing his hand tightly to balance myself when I stood up.

He smiled and nodded, "That's a relief. You should be more careful next time. Are you sure you aren't hurt?" I shook my head, giggling slightly, "No, I'm okay, thank you.." Junhyuk nodded.

I remember thinking to myself how angelic he looked at that moment. He looked more beautiful than me, and honestly, I consider myself to be pretty gorgeous. "Well, I'll see you later," he bowed a bit and then stood up straight, walking on.

Either that or it's because he reminded me of Seung-Joon, or J-US, my idol cousin. When I was around eight or so, I remember hanging out with him and Minjae since he was our babysitter. I remember back then when he would dance, practicing for his monthly evaluation.

I would watch in admiration, but Minjae got bored and played Cut The Rope on his iPad. So maybe the reason I had a crush on Bang Junhyuk was that I admired his perseverance- knowing how hard it was to make it as an idol.

Either way, my crush on Bang Junhyuk was there, built up and thriving on small interactions. Sometimes during lunch when I went to the gym field and watched him talk to his friends about girls and other guy stuff, I purposely sat on the bleachers near his group just so he could wave to me.

Those moments made my heart pound so hard in my chest that I could barely swallow my food without fear of choking. But I mean, if I started choking, would that be so bad? I mean, Junhyuk trying to do the Heimlich maneuver on me. His arms wrapped around me, trying to save my life while I choke on two rice pellets?

I was deep in thought when I saw two hands come over my eyes. I hoped it was Junhyuk, but when the person spoke, I knew who it was instantly. "Mina!" I lifted her hands off my face and smiled up at her. Shin-ae. She was so adorable, her small heart-shaped lips always formed a contagious smile when she was around me.