↳ EPISODE SIX

"See you."
═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

Before I knew it, a whole month had flown by right before my eyes; but Junhyuk and I were still going strong. That's how I knew he was the one and why I chose to entrust my Paper Heart to him. After a week or two, he became all I could think about- but miraculously, my grades reached the highest they had ever been in two years.

At the park after school, we would always study together for an hour and then have a date for an hour or so as a reward for a productive afternoon. By around five or six, depending on where we were, he would walk me home just like a gentleman.

I remember one date where Junhyuk took me to his dance studio to meet his friends; people came and went from the small one-floor building, but the ones I remembered were Soonyoung, Wooseok, Yechan, Huijun, and Yedeol.

Soonyoung, sixteen at the time, was really funny, well, to the guys, but I just laughed because Junhyuk laughed. Wooseok was a thirteen year old player; even though he was young, he dated around and had even two-timed. Soonyoung made jokes about him, which I never found funny, but I just shrugged it off. Let's just say Soonyoung tried too hard to be funny and sometimes offended people. He lacked a lot of understanding of people around him.

Yechan was just a shy thirteen-year-old boy who didn't say much. His mom had enrolled him there to make friends and he did, but he mainly stuck around Junhyuk. Huijun, fifteen, was also a very quiet kid, stayed calm even despite the chaos. He kind of scared me. Yedeol, on the other hand, was a sixteen-year-old dancing god at that studio who knew how to crack a joke, unlike Soonyoung.

Yedeol randomly picked out a bottle of soy sauce from his bag, "Guys, Yo soy soy sauce." I laughed because my humor was broken and I understood a little Spanish, but the guys found it confusing.

One Friday dinner, my Mom (since she was usually off from Friday-Sunday) was curious to know where I went off to every afternoon, and Minjae blabbered off to her about Junhyuk. "Mina's got a boyfriend," Minjae said with a smug look on his face.

I hit his shoulder with a frown, "Hey!" Minjae just snickered and continued eating. It wasn't his right to tell her, it was my little secret. He was lucky I didn't expose him for being a little player- our parents were religious and would never approve of him messing around with girl after girl.

Instead of ratting my brother out, I stuck to something that I had heard at a young age,

"Never repay evil for evil."

I'm not quite sure where I learned that phrase from, but I 100% remember hearing it from somewhere- from someone. I sighed, "Yeah, it's true, I have a boyfriend. His name is Junhyuk." Mom leaned forward, clearly interested, "Oh? Tell me about him; is he older than you? How tall is he? How long have you two been together? Where did you two meet? How did he confess- oh don't tell me that you confessed first, Mina? You know how disgraceful that is as a woman."

I looked over at Minjae on my left for a second and met his eyes. He chewed on his rice and beef, trying his best not to laugh. I read his ugly face, taunting me, "Ha, I threw you under the bus, now you're in trouble." I looked back over at Mom in front of me and shook my head, "No, I didn't confess to him. He confessed to me a month ago, but I've liked him since last year."

She nodded, "Good. It's unladylike to confess to a guy. The boy should always be the one to ask a girl on a date." The way she said 'always' made me shift in my seat. I disagreed with that opinion as well as a few more traditional views of hers, but I didn't want to start an argument. I mean, I would've confessed to Junhyuk, but I knew that if Mom would've found out, I would've gotten scolded- that and also the fact that I was still oblivious to the fact that he liked me. Either way, it was still risky.