↳ EPISODE THREE

And I will always be here to fix his messes as his older sister.
═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

I hurried home, completely forgetting about Minjae's request for chips. I shut the front door behind me with a happy sigh and was met by Minjae successfully failing at sit-ups on the white carpeted living room floor. "What are you doing?" I laughed at him, "You look so dumb." He sat up and frowned at me, "Where are my chips? Also what up with the weird text?" He picked up his phone from off the couch to his right and showed me the last text I had sent him.

old lady:
fine, I'll stop by f9ririooieije

me:
uh..?

I let out a small, awkward laugh before heading to my room and shutting the door, muttering, "... Oops..." Minjae yelled from the living room, "Hey, what about my chips??" From behind the closed bedroom door, I tossed myself onto my bed, sighing dreamily as I replayed the precious moment that happened only a few minutes before.

I took the milk chocolate Kit-Kat out of my bag and beamed at it as if it were Junhyuk himself (it was in my bag because I knew that if Minjae would've laid his eyes on it, he probably would have stolen and eaten it). I gently glided my thumbs over its red wrapper and happily sighed a second time, "..Junhyuk.. this is a dream, right?" As if replying to the question, my Paper Heart glistened from my desk, causing me to smile. It wasn't a dream.

It wasn't a dream that Bang Junhyuk wished me good luck on my upcoming tests. It wasn't a dream that he gave me my favorite chocolate with a good luck note attached to it. It made me wonder if he was my soulmate- like in those steamy fanfictions that have handsome idols with six-packs (cough cough, Jeon Jungkook soulmate fanfictions on WattWrite are the best). But if you were to ask me though, Junhyuk was far more handsome and talented than any idol- even Seung-Joon, and he was my own cousin.

I thought to myself back then that when Junhyuk was to achieve his dream, his deep voice would be the thing that would set him apart from everyone else in the industry, causing him to become loved and extremely successful. Wow, I was really in love with a person that didn't even know how much I adored him.

For a minute, I contemplated whether or not to eat the memory-bearing chocolate. In the end, though, I consumed it slowly and dreadfully due to the realization that if I were to hide it and save it as a memoir of that wonderful day, Minjae could have ended up finding and eating it for me. Some days I went to bed wishing that I were an only child and that fifteen years of my life were just a dream.

Life would have been so much easier if I were the first and last child of my parents. Unfortunately, every morning, I would wake up to find my dumb younger brother getting ready for school- and on some Saturdays, I would wake up and find that he snuck into my room to sleep with me. Despite it seeming sweet, he always ended up with his butt in my face- which I can't even begin to describe just how much it irritated the hell out of me.

After a few more sad minutes of chewing had passed, I finished snacking on the chocolate and decided to save the wrapper and note inside of a Ziploc bag. I got off my bed and opened my door quietly, peeking around for my brother, then finding him curled up in a ball, fast asleep on the floor like a baby.

I sighed and retrieved his blanket from his messy room, stepping over dirty pants and shirts, then carefully draping his sheet over his body, causing him to relax happily. Despite it being late May and eighty-something degrees with extremely high humidity outside, it was still fairly cold and drafty in our apartment complex.

I smiled, running my fingers through his soft, black hair as I reminisced of all the good and bad times with him as kids. I remember one of the incidents that occurred when we were around nine or ten- one of the first times we were babysat by Seung-Joon. Before arriving at his place, I was already upset over something- more than likely breakfast since my selfish brother would always end up finishing the Cheerios and not leaving any for me. Since Minjae usually spent his time on the iPad, I would usually bring either a pencil and paper or my rainbow loom kit and Mom's old Walkman to keep me entertained.