↳ EPISODE FOUR

I just hoped it wasn't what I thought it was.
═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

When I woke up the morning after Junhyuk had given me that Kit-Kat, I had decided to make a move on him during our lunch break- but of course, without a doubt, I backed out of it as soon as I got into school. I thought that maybe Junhyuk was only being a nice guy, that maybe he wasn't really interested in me.

I mean.. me? I was nothing special at fifteen- my grade point average was usually a 2.5, I didn't have many friends, I never had a talent or hobby I stuck to, I also never wore heavy makeup, so my dumb acne was still visible, and not to forget how my nose was the biggest complex I had about myself.

There was no possible way that he could've ever liked me. I mean, really- this is me, Song Mina, that we're talking about. I've never really been the type of girl that attracted guys- that was Shin-ae. I was just the girl always attracted to the said guys.

During lunch, I sat down at my usual spot in the field, thinking about Junhyuk's type, "He probably likes someone pretty with a more feminine face. Someone smarter than me... Someone like... Shin-ae." I sighed, then looked around at all the groups of friends walking by and chatting. My eyes darted around me for Junhyuk, but he wasn't anywhere to be found. I thought back to this morning and realized I hadn't seen him in the halls at all. When his friends arrived without him, I assumed he was sick and absent.

I sighed once again and got up, then deciding to just go look for my bestie and have lunch with her. After some searching around the school, I found her in the library on the first floor, sleeping- the left side of her face glued on a French II textbook and a red ballpen falling from her right hand. I laughed softly and shook my head, sitting down after moving her bag onto the table from the seat to her right. She must have been up all night studying. Today's exam was Math, running from 7:15-12:45, and tomorrow, language, for the same amount of time. Ah, the life of a high school student.

"Shin-ae," I whispered, nudging her a bit with my left palm. She stirred a bit, batting me away gently and smacking her lips, whispering groggily, "There's still twenty minutes left until study period ends." I sighed, "Aren't you going to get lunch?" Eyes still shut, she furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head. I nodded and rubbed her back, "Well, I'll come back to get you when the warning bell rings, okay? I'll go hang out with Hyerin for lunch. Rest well." Hyerin was one of our shared friends, but I wasn't that close to her- I kept her at arm's length.

She yawned, nodding and dismissing me with a hand. I took one last look at her and shook my head, then walked away. I too would've done a late-night study session until three, but I often had to play music in order to stay awake and focus that early in the morning- and the walls of my room weren't that thick, so of course, Minjae had barged into my room asking me to "quiet the heck down". Luckily though, most of the criteria on the test were the material I had crammed in before Minjae interrupted me.

That day, I ate lunch with Hyerin who wouldn't- couldn't- stop talking about BTS' new comeback, Fake Love, released over two weeks before. I didn't exactly care, but I didn't want to just outright say that to her face. BTS was a cool group and all, but Astro were my ultimates and I didn't exactly have any intent of stanning the Bulletproof boy scouts.

On top of that, I wasn't that hard of a fan for anyone. I just liked listening to people's music and thinking they were cute. Back then I was streaming a lot of Astro and ONF- Seung-Joon, or rather, J-US' group.

"Mina, but look! V- V's so hot here! And Jungkook- HIS ABS- AH, OH MY GOSH!" she squealed at her phone. I just laughed awkwardly at her fangirling, but I guess it sounded genuine; or maybe she didn't really care, because she just continued on with her embarrassing behavior. I watched as Hyerin picked up a bit of meat with her chopsticks and brought it to her mouth.