Chapter 24 (Episode 31)

Word Count: 1911
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"All that happened in the past?" Hammie asked.

"I'm positive that we beat Don Armage in the past. History should've changed," Lucky said.

"But, he still rules the universe," Hammie said.

"Holy moly!" Tsurugi sighed. "Then nothing's changed?"

"Hey, where are the Commander and Champ?" Hammie asked.

"Since Orion passed away in the battle, they stayed behind to make sure the legend of the Kyurangers was passed on," Stinger explained.

"Otherwise, our existence as this team would've disappeared," Spada added.

"The Orion needs repairs, too. It won't be mobile for a while," Raptor reported.

"Maybe it was a mistake going into the past," Y/N sighed.

"I don't believe that! I was able to get that new power in the past. The Commander and Champ will find a way back. So, we don't have time to be depressed about this!" Lucky spoke. "For the guy who entrusted the future to us...for Orion."

"Lucky's right. Which means, we have to defeat Don Armage in the present," Tsurugi stated.

"But first, we need to get Naga back from Akyanba. Balance has been missing since then. We tried to do something  on our own, but Kotaro and Garu got caught," Hammie informed. 

***

"You want to see him so bad that you'd take these two as hostages, I'm so jealous!" Akyanba raved.

Naga laughed, "Balance. I'll get rid of him, personally."

***

On the Orion, a woman that looked like Naga entered the bridge.

"Holy moly! This is it, people! Naga is back!" Tsurugi said, pointing to the woman.

"Welcome back!" Spada welcomed.

Hammie walked over to the woman before explaining, "No. This is Echidna. She's from Naga's planet in the Hebitsukai System."

"On our planet, it is a crime to have emotions. Naga must pay for his transgressions with his life. You will help me," Echidna stated.

"That's never gonna happen," Lucky proclaimed. 

"Then, I will simply do it alone," Echidna said before leaving.

Balance barely missed running into Echidna but walked into the bridge as if nothing had ever happen.

"'Sup!" Balance greeted.

"Where have you been?!" Hammie questioned. "I was so worried!"

"My bad, my bad! It's cool," Balance calmly said. 

"Don't get too down. We'll help you get Naga back," Tsurugi said.

"Aw, shuck! 'Cept I'm not down at all," Balance said, running down the stairs. "But there is something I need your help with! Ta-da!" Balance placed a Kyutama on the table.

***

In a rock quarry, Naga and Echidna were fighting with Echidna having an obvious disadvantage to the silver Kyuranger.

"Done already?" Naga asked. "I thought you were here to eliminate me."

"You...have grown drunk off your emotions. You are the shame of our people," Echidna said.