Chapter one

Alison looked at Charles while he was sitting on the living room couch. She went over to him, asking, "So, got any new music ideas lately?" She sat on the armchair.

Charlie looked at Alison, tearing his eyes away from the TV that was showing the news. He always hated watching it, but decided to today; he was bored and had nothing else to do. The sun that shone through the window was on his face, giving him a more brighter look. "I'll think of something." he said.

Alison sighed. "Are you on writer's block again, CG5? You've been pondering about which video game to write on for the past month. I thought you were more quick to think of ideas."

"Writing and thinking takes time, alright?"

"Charlie, I'm worried about you. You're not yourself lately."

He raised an eyebrow. "Yeah? Why do you say that? What do you mean?"

Alison sighed. "You've been getting all angrier lately and your emotions get to you and it's—"

"Angry?" Charlie stood up. "What do you mean 'angry'?" He was yelling now.

Alison stepped back. She stuttered. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean—"

"Oh, 'I didn't mean' this and 'I didn't mean' that! Give me a break!"

"What?" Alison had never seen him act like this.

"You're losing your mind, Alison! Stop with this 'imaginary villain' crap! Can you just leave me alone for once?"

She cocked an eyebrow.

"You know what I mean. You're always thinking of villains and they come to life."

"What are you talking about?"

Charlie rolled his eyes. He walked away, going to his room. He didn't bother to turn the TV off, which still showed the news reporting on a burglar who broke into a neighbor's house, stealing their valuables.

Alison stood there, shocked. She heard Charlie slam his studio door.

She grabbed the remote and turned off the TV.

Alison went to the guest room, and closed the door. She didn't understand what CG5 was talking about.