Chapter three

She had a headache. What time is it, or was it? Alison checked her watch, but her vision was soon adjusting; blurry She noticed a needle in her leg. Her memory came flooding back.

She tossed aside the needle. She screamed. "Charlie!"

Alison checked her watch again, her vision back and could finally read the time: 4:20pm.

Alison shivered. "What am I gonna do?" She walked around the house, screaming Charles' name, sobbing as she couldn't find him.

"This is not a joke, Charlie Duncan Green! Come out! Charlie?" Alison's voice was breaking. She couldn't yell, scream, anything anymore. She guided her way back to the kitchen and grabbed her phone.

She held her yellow-cased phone in her trembling hands, texting Charlie.

A buzz came from the counter near the refrigerator. Alison picked it up to see it was Charlie's phone. The same text message that Alison sent to Charlie popped up on the lock screen.

"Damn it, Charlie!" She slammed the phone back down, and walked near to the front door. She waved away a blonde hair, and raised an eyebrow at the open door.

Alison called for her friend again, but it was useless. She was panicking now.

"Charlie is missing." Her voice scattered with every word she tried to say. "Charlie's missing, Charlie's missing!"

Alison sobbed as she gripped her shirt. She tried to control her emotions but they spilled, along with more tears down her face, her eyes glimmering.

She shook, fearing what might happen to her friend, overall her favorite person.

"What if he's..." Her voice trailed off. She shook her head.

Alison thought she'd call the police, but she thought better of it.

She thought of what Charlie said to her hours ago before the situation.

Alison couldn't think. What could he mean? Imaginary villains?

She forgot about the thought and focused on what she needed to do; she had to save her friend and get him out of whatever he was in.

Then, her phone rang.