Chapter twelve

Charlie looked at the time on his watch. 9:33am. He yawned. He barely got any sleep last night, or at all since the last week. He decided to go check up on how his friend is doing, knowing the risk it would take since he wasn't allowed.

Charlie stepped up to the cage, or cell, Alison was sitting down in. He knocked on one of the bars, it making a clanging noise.

Alison's head shot up from her knees, seeing Charlie and let out a squeal. She crawled up to him slowly as if Charlie was a sleeping animal, trying not to wake it.

She looked up at Charlie, him crouching down in a crab-like position.

Charlie looked at Alison, whispering, "Hey. Are you okay?"

Alison looked into Charlie's big, blue, crystal-like eyes behind his black square glasses. She whispered back, "Yeah, I guess so. I just feel a little alone, you know? What are you doing here? I thought you weren't allowed to talk with me." She was stuttering.

Charlie sighed. "Yeah, well, I thought I could break some rules and come see you." He smiled as Alison imitated him, smiling back as if it was the first time.

Charlie pushed up his black glasses, which kept on slipping down his nose. He wished he would have worn his blue round ones, but it was too late for that now.

"So, have you got any sleep lately?" Alison asked.

Charlie shook his head.

She smiled. "Yeah, me—"

Charlie was pulled at the back of the dark green shirt, and was smashed into a wall. He looked straight in the eyes of Zlaze yelling at him.

"What have I told you about not speaking to this girl?" Zlaze yelled at him, his face red with anger. "We had an agreement!"

"Charlie!" Alison yelled.

CG5 was thrown to the floor and bumped into the cage, which made a clattering noise that scared Alison, her backing away, and standing up. He fell to the floor with a loud hit.

"Ow!" Charlie screeched.

Zlaze turned his gaze on Charlie again, smirking. "You think you're so smart, don't you?"

Charles struggled to sit up as he felt for his glasses.

Zlaze crouched and grabbed Charlie's shirt. "I have had enough of you, and it's only been a week. First, you pull out your damn phone, and then you disobey my damn rules. You're never going to make music again because I'm gonna kill you right—"

"Get away from me." Charlie breathed to Zlaze. "Get away from us. You're not in control of my or Alison's life. You're a selfish person. You hurt my friend and you hurt me. I'm not going to let you hurt us, you jerk."

"What if I just..." Zlaze pulled out a needle, laughing. "If I'm not in control, then—"

"Stop right there, you criminal!" Someone came in through the open-wide door, interrupting Zlaze's moment.

Zlaze quickly got to his feet and grabbed Charlie, pulling him up, putting the needle beside his neck.

Charles' vision was blurry as he didn't have his glasses on, but he could make out the person's voice. It was Marshall's.