• III •

I want everything perfect before I come there, Rahul

I want everything perfect before I come there, Rahul. Am I clear?" Krishiv stated sternly.

"Yes sir, I will make sure everything is perfect," Rahul said with a voice void of any emotions. During the years with his boss if he learned something about how to handle his boss's anger then it is to be immune to all his emotions which are - anger, anger, and more anger.

Either the man was born with nothing more than anger or he was sleeping when God was gracing people with emotions of course except for anger. But still, Rahul has always respected him due to the passion he has towards his work and the care he had for his employees in the shadows.

He was always hidden in the dark while doing good and in the shine in his anger which people tend to see than the former one.

It was a regular day for Krishiv who got ready in his dark colors and looked ever so sinful. He went to the dining table for his breakfast. It was a rule set by his grandfather and that is to be followed by everyone.

Dining was always a silent duty in Roy's household. Silence is an unsaid law. The conversations happen only if it was important. Krishiv was having his breakfast when his mother initiated the conversation.

"I have met Mrs.Malhotra at the party last night. Her daughter has grown up to be a beautiful lady."

Krishiv had an intuition of where the conversation was headed. He hated this type of conversation. As if it was an inkling his father also started his preaching.

"Aah! Yes, she is one eye-catching beauty. I think she would be perfect as the daughter-in-law of the Roys."

Barkha and Karthik are as usual the silent spectators. They have not been talking for years and it will continue. But, the two of them knew that Krishiv would never do anything that would hurt the both of them. So, they always choose to be silent than to be silenced by others.

"Well, I think you don't have any other son to get him married with. Then what is the use," stated Krishiv sarcastically along with a hint of sternness.

"Too bad, we are talking about you Krishiv. And I think I have a right to choose a bride for my son. So, I want you to meet her tonight. " said Chandrika.

"Well, if we are talking about rights then I don't think you gave that right to a mother, who is your husband's mother. And yes, I already am bearing a woman like you and I don't think I will be able to bear another like you."

"Hold your tongue young man. I am your mother, you have no right to talk to me like that and what did I do for you to think as that you are bearing me."

"How about just now. And off the record, you are no mother to me. If giving birth to me makes my mother then yes, you may be my mother. But, after that, you have never fulfilled any more duties so please kindly shut up. And one more thing never, I mean never get this topic on the breakfast table otherwise bear the consequences. Excuse me" saying so Krishiv left the table not before talking blessings from Karthik and kissing Barkha's forehead leaving no space for argument.