29

"So, you'll tell me if this boyfriend of yours treats you bad, right?"

"Yeah, yeah."

With a hug and a goodbye wave, Samuel strolls across the crowded airport, slinging his carry on over his shoulder.

A pretty, slightly plump girl stands in the arms of a taller, broader boy. A backpack is slung over his shoulder and a university soccer t-shirt stretches across his pleasing chest.

She quivers with tears and he strokes her back. Her light brown hair is gathered in a messy bun and she wears shorts that look like pyjamas. Her flip flopped feet are between his sneakered ones.

In one hand he carries a passport with a white, printed ticket tucked inside, and the other is empty, flat against her back. His eyes roll to the ceiling in an entirely innocent way, simply of waiting and wishing, and he lets out a big sigh.

I have to go, baby. He says, and she pulls away, leaving twin dark smudges on his t-shirt.

Stay. She says, weakly. His mouth twists mournfully.

He kisses her forehead and steps back. I love you.

He starts walking past the waiting area and she stands, hugging her elbows and shaking softly. They make an announcement for a delay. For boarding. For so-and-so to come to an information desk.

She stares at the ground obliviously,

Then there's a slight disturbance as someone comes running, vaulting over a stack of duffle bags. The boy in the soccer shirt.

He scoops her up in his arms and smothers her with kisses. Most of us have the decency to look away. She laughs, tearily, in delight.
***
No comments on this one... at least look at the picture; have you read fangirl?? i wish the Simon Snow series was real because i ship Baz and Simon so hard and they're not even in an actual book so?!?!?!?!?

But rainbow Rowell is amazing. Okay? Okay.

and that tfios reference was not intentional...

HAVE YOU READ BLACK ICE???? BECAUSE BECCA FITZPATRICK IS THE QUEEN OF YA(young adult)LIT.