4

if you're reading this hi i love you ;*

(so much love)
***

A girl sits with a somber expression, the snowy sidewalk reflected in her bright, black-lined eyes.

Her sweatered arms fold across her stomach, and her knees rest against the wide bus seat in front of her.

A boy sits beside her, on the outside of the seat. His knees tip into the aisle, and he texts importantly while bopping his head to whatever plays through his white earbuds.

His light brown hair falls across his forehead in a way that compels girls to push it back (fondly, of course).

They give the impression of apathy. Ignorance. But there's a familiar way about her arm touching his, and the way she glances at him between stops.

He looks up from the phone, and offers her a loose, endearing smile. She gives him an attempt at one.

He does something unexpected.

He leans down, pulling the earbuds loose, and tucking the mobile into the backpack nestled at his feet. He swings his long legs into the seat, jostling his shoulders.

His legs look cramped an awkward as he props them parallel to hers, against the seat ahead of them, but he gives her a slow, easy smile, and she looks down into the large scarf that dwarfs her neck and chest.

He murmurs something like, love you.

Her cheeks pink, and she pushes her arm under one of his until they link, and she leans her shoulder against him.

She closes her eyes, and he leans closer to brush a kiss across her dark, auburn hair.