CHAPTER 16- IVANA WILSON : "Graduation Day"

Dad should've been here twenty minutes back. It's only fifteen minutes before the graduation ceremony commences. I started to leave the foyer when a familiar voice called my name. To my surprise, I saw Ana with her dad. I haven't met him before, but I have seen his pictures with Ana.

"Ivie, this is my dad. Dad, this is Ivana, my best friend and my roomie.", Ana said.

"Pleasure to meet you Mr. Young.", I said, trying to put up my best smile, which turned a little awkward.

"Just Derek. Pleasure is all mine, Ivana.", he replied with a warm smile.

"I'm glad you are here. We thought you won't be able to make it.", I tried not to sound shocked.

"I couldn't miss my daughter's graduation. Even though her mom really wished she could also come.", he replied, wrapping his arm around Ana.

Before I could reply, the anchor called me. Ana gave me an assuring smile, and I promised to meet them after the ceremony.

When I walked up to the stage to receive my graduation degree, I saw dad sitting next to Derek and on the left was Jannice. I couldn't find Shawn anywhere. I got off the stage after the photograph was clicked and the next series of names were called.

Ana and I were waiting at the spot where Ana asked both of our parents to meet us. Ana saw them coming and waved her hand at them. I couldn't see Shawn anywhere. Noticing the questioning look on my face, dad told me Shawn couldn't make it because of some business meetings. I wish he was here on my special day.

"I assume you guys have already had introductions. Dad, you already met Ana's father.", I said.

"Yes, Derek and I are already planning on meeting next month. He invited us over for dinner. Jannice has some conference in Boston next month so let's see.", he replied enthusiastically and turned to Jannice who was holding his arm.

"That sounds lovely. I'm glad you guys are getting along well.", I replied.

"Hello, ladies. Sorry, I'm late.", a voice came from behind.

It was Ash. He was all clean and dressed up. A bright smile emerged on Ana's face upon seeing him. He came forward and hugged me and then moved towards Ana, and greeted her with a smile.

"Ash, this is my dad Reynard Wilson, Dr Jannice Roff, his fiancé, and Ana's dad, Derek Young. Everyone, this is Asher Grace.", I made intros. He made handshakes with dad and Derek and gave Jannice a hug. Apparently, the fiancé part changed Ana and Ash's expressions. Well, I was surprised too.

During our last meeting, Jannice told me to call dad. He told he has been with her for more than a year now and asked her to marry him. I was a little surprised as well as shocked. I mean, they both are great together. To be honest, I'm genuinely happy for them. Jannice thought it would be better to break the news to me in person. I was quite excited, and I asked her to show me the ring. She flaunted her hand at me and, dammit man; she was clearly blushing. The diamond on her finger shined just like her smile.

"That sounds great. What say, Ivie?", Ana's voice drew me back to the real world.

I just nodded, unaware of the conversation going on.

Ash seems to get along with both the gentlemen. As far as I can figure out, they were talking about fishing. Ana grabbed my arm and pulled me aside from the others. She had mixed emotions on her face.

"We need to talk about so many things. And yes, I'm really pissed at you. Let's hope we can still go for drinks tonight. I absolutely need it. How could you not tell me, well, so many things?", Ana said in a go.

"I'm sorry. There was so much going on that it slipped off my mind. I was going to tell you. Let's just get out of here. I guess our parents are leaving too. We can talk back at the apartment while packing.", I replied.

"Okay", she replied with a pouty face.

I can't believe we completed our graduation and will soon be moving out. Life will not be the same. Ash will be here in New York, Ana is moving to Boston, and I will be leaving for Washington.