15.

A few minutes later, the hospital building was in sight. It was smaller than the big multi-speciality ones they were used to but it looked efficient enough. Om stopped the car in the parking area. 

"Saumya bhaag ke andar jao aur stretcher, wheelchair jo bhi available ho lekar aao. Jaldi." Om instructed.

"Jee bhaiya." Saumya responded and got out of the car. She ran inside and went to the reception desk.

"Ma'am mujhe ek stretcher chahiye. Di ka bahot khoon beh chuka hain, please jaldi kijiye." Saumya said frantically.

"Khoon? Kya hua unhe?" The nurse at the reception asked.

"Unhe chaaku laga hain, please jaldi kijiye." Saumya said, desperation in her increasing by the second.

"Ma'am, yeh ek police case hain. Hum yeh nahi le sakte." The nurse refused.

"Ma'am, please mana mat kijiye, it's an emergency." Saumya pleaded once again.

The nurse huffed, "Ma'am, please samajhiye..."

"Parking lot mein 3 stretchers, jaldi." Tia ordered as she approached the desk.

"Ma'am, aap..." The nurse began but Tia cut her off.

"Look, I have one woman bleeding out from her neck, one heart patient who's barely holding on and another woman who nearly died. Agar tum unhe admit nahi karogi toh 3 deaths are on you. Do you want that?" Tia asked raising an eyebrow.

The nurse flinched. "No...but...the rules..."

"It's MY hospital, I make the rules! This is an order: Get the three patients in beds, call Doctor Mehra and get me suture kit NOW!" Tia yelled.

"Yes doctor!" The nurse quavered before she ran to carry out her orders.

The sisters glanced at the door and saw the ward-boys bringing the gurneys in and Oberois running along side them.

"Tia!"

Tia turned towards the voice. Her husband threw her a plastic- wrapped sterile gown. She teared it open and began putting the gown on as he jogged towards her.

"Shivaay Singh Oberoi. Age 34. Collapsed and complained of chest pain and difficulty in breathing. Tachycardic before pulsed dropped and I'm suspecting fluctuations in BP too. No signs of anaphylactic shock or myocardial infarction." Tia informed.

"Recent history? Any stressors?" Dushyant asked removing his labcoat and putting on a sterile gown as well.

"Oh, a tremendous amount! Lost vitals once and was revived with a precordial thump. Oh, and small but traumatic forehead laceration as well." Tia replied.

"Okay, so I'll run an ECG, chest ultrasound and, considering his medical history, a CT." He told her and then ordered an awaiting nurse, "Get Mr Oberoi in Exam Room 1 with the ultrasound ready and line him for a head and chest CT."

"Next, Anika Shivaay Singh Oberoi. Age 31. Bradycardic and hypotensive post syncope. Multiple superficial lacerations and bruising."

"That doesn't sound too ba-"

"Before this, she was almost drowned...in cement."

"...and I'll have Dr Anand run a complete physical exam and labs for her and have you paged should anything be wrong."

"Not me, have Dr Iyer paged because I'm on the worst one of the lot: Svetlana Kapoor, age 40, stab injury, supraclavicular stab wound, she's bradycardic and hypovolemic. I need to debride, stitch her up and get her labs running stat." Tia said as she finished tying her gown and hair back.