16.

The Oberois plus Saumya watched at Tia walked towards them. She was now wearing her labcoat over a pair of brown scrubs and a sober expression.

Since she was the attending doctor of Svetlana, Saumya's mind ran all the worst case scenarios through it and she began to prepare herself.

Tia stepped aside to let a ward-boy wheel in Svetlana on a wheelchair.

Seeing her, Saumya jumped towards them.

"Di, aap kaise ho? Theek ho? Kya hua tha? Tia di, kya hua di ko? Woh theek hain na? Woh theek ho jaayengi na? Kuch serious nahi hain na?" Saumya fired her questions.

"Haan, batati-" Tia started but got cut-off.

"Main bhi na! Aap doctor ho, aapko bolna chahiye. Theek aap boliye, sab batayiye mujhe, main mental notes ke rahi hoon. Oh, and please, bad news first, good news last." Saumya requested.

The Oberois took the opportunity to glance at Svetlana. Her right hand was in sling and the heavy dressing was peeking through the collar of the loosely fit kurta she was wearing instead of the bridal lehenga-choli. An IV stand was dragged along with the wheelchair and the tube was connected to her left palm, which rest on her lap gently, rather tiredly.

"The wound was wide and deep. 3 stitches internally aur 5 stitches externally lage hain. Neck and shoulder ke beech chot lagi hain, iski wajah se right hand ka movement bilkul restricted hain. Pressure ki wajah se sutures open ho sakte aur muscle damage bhi ho sakta hain. Blood pressure, sugar levels aur electrolytes kaafi low." Tia informed. "About the blood loss, it was significant... but the damage is nothing not reversible. The fainting was actually due to low BP and blood sugar. The blood volume is not dangerous, it's good."

"It's good?" Saumya asked for reconfirmation.

Tia said with a polite smile, "Yes, it is. Haalaaki ghaav bharne mein, stitches ke removal and 4 to 5 weeks of physical therapy ke baad hi shoulder mein free movement aayegi, tab tak sling use karna would be advisable. Antibiotics aur painkillers ke saath main kuch vitamin supplements prescribe kar rahi hoon but she needs a proper balanced diet and at least 1 to 2 weeks of complete rest."

"So, di... is fine? Or will be fine?"

"Yes, I am positive-"

Saumya jumped on Tia wrapped her in a bone-crushing hug.

"Thank you thank you THANK YOU!!! Di, tussi great ho! Aapke muh mein ghee-shakkar chocolate tiramisu! Charan sparsh! I love you! MUAH!" Saumya squealed loudly and kissed Tia's cheek, causing the elder to seize at sudden outburst of affection.

"Yeh toh mera farz tha." Tia said pulled away from Saumya.

Composing herself, she said to Svetlana, "Di, main 1-2 ghante mein aapke vitals aur IV check karne aaoongi. If everything is okay, toh aap ghar chal sakti hain. Abhi, are you feeling feverish, nauseous, any discomfort?"

"Yes. Discomfort. In this wheelchair. Can I sit on that sofa instead?" Svetlana requested. Tia rolled her eyes and shook her head. She and Saumya hooked their hands behind Svetlana's back and helped her sit on the sofa. Saumya sat beside her and Tia fixed the IV stand.

"This looks good, I'll be... On second thoughts, I'll stay here and monitor you myself."

"What? Why? It was just a minor procedure." Svetlana denied.

"Yeah...but still!"

"Tia, this, is you being a sister. You know ki I'll be fine. And kuch hoga bhi toh Saumya will call you."

Tia was still apprehensive. "Di, aap pakka theek rahoge? Bhaag toh nahi jaaoge na?"

"I can barely stand up! Main kahaan bhaagoongi?" Svetlana exclaimed.