8.

A/N: Thank you for your lovely comments in the previous chapters. The way you guys notice each line and little details makes me so happy and gives me motivation. Your support really means a lot 😊💕

Shivaay sat on the bed with his head in his hands, trying to string together everything that happened till now.

First, he was "groom held captive", then he managed to escape death-trap with the proofs but his victory got cut-short due to the "Anika-haran" orchestrated by runaway-prisoner Veer. He met with accident and was certain Anika was harmed too, but a conversation with her provided him a little bit of comfort. Then he was back to square one after loosing the proofs to Roop, except that it only got worse because now his parents were there, aware of the whole truth and being held at gunpoint. 

He heard someone coming so he stood next to the door and took a vase to hit the intruder. He threw the vase but the person ducked and it missed. And Shivaay thanked his stars that it missed because the people were OmRu. Together, they hatched a plan of faking the marriage in way that it looked real to Roop. The three were having a déjà vu albeit not an enjoyable one. OmRu went away to prepare for the "marriage". 

After the door shut, Shivaay called Svetlana. He had called her in between the call with Anika and returning the folder to Roop. She had sneaked in the house and was trying to get hold of the proofs.   

"Kahaan ho tum?"

"First floor, hall ke end wale room ka closet. Poora room, poora floor dekh liye but koi proof nahi mila."

"Milega bhi nahi kyoonki saboot Roop bua ke paas jo woh mujhe ek shart par dengi: agar main doosri shaadi kar loon. Aur apni baat manwane ke liye unhone ne mere mom-dad ko gunpoint par rakkha hua hain."

"Oh my God! Ab kya karein?"

"Stairs ke paas ek room hain, wahaan ek ladki dulhan ke jode mein hogi. Use kaise bhi yahaan se nikaalo aur... uska shaadi joda ka pehen lo." 

"....You better not say what I think you're trying to say."

"Shaadi ke mandap mein mere saath tum baithogi."

Svetlana was infuriated. "Are you mad? Sar pe zyaada gehri chot aayi hain? Sadma laga hain? Paagal ho gaye ho?"

"I'm serious, all right. Hum dono ko yeh shaadi karni padegi."

"Shaadi aur woh bhi tumhare saath? Isse achha main zeher na khaa loon."

"Yeh har koi mere saath hone ke naam se zeher kyoon khaana chahta hain? Pehle Anika, ab tum."

"Because it's a literal death wish. Roop ko chhodo, Anika hi mujhe maar dalegi." 

"Tumse pehle Anika mujhe, woh kya kehti hain... aloo-puri ke aate ki tarah goond degi. But tension mat lo, shaadi nakli hain aur pandit apna Rudy ban raha hain."

"What?! Rudra bhi yahaan hain?"

"Om bhi aur bade-papa - badi-ma Rudy ka get-up leke aa rahe hain." 

"The big-big family is here. Isn't it great?" Svetlana said sarcastically. 

"Just great." Shivaay replied with equal sarcasm. "Anyways, tum jis raste se aayi thi, us asli dulhan ko wahaan se nikaalo aur shaadi ke jode mein mandap pe aa jao. Agar hume ab tak poore ghar mein kuch nahi mila toh saboot bua ke paas hi hain. Plus Bua ne kaha tha ladki unki pasand ki hain toh ho sakta woh tumhe kuch bata dein ya hint de dein."

"Marwaoge tum."

"I hate this plan as much as you do but koi aur option nahi hain. Mandap pe milte hain." Shivaay cut the call and got ready.