Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Emma wake up or you're gonna be late!"

I heard my mom's voice coming from downstairs.

"I'm already awake mom!"

She didn't know me at all. It's been hours since I've been awake. Since 5 AM actually. I couldn't sleep most of the night I was excited about coming back to school tomorrow. Winter break was over, it was a new year, a new start and I've never felt better.

Most of you might think i'm crazy for being this happy about going back to school, but hey that's just me and I just loved being able to see my friends again, probably meet new people and to start working harder for better grades, since my last report card wasn't really what my parents were expecting.

It was way worse...

I finished combing my hair and started putting on some make up. I kept it natural though, just some mascara, eyeliner and blush. I didn't need much, I rarely got any pimples whatsoever. I put on a pair of white shorts and a flowery sleeveless shirt with some light brown sandals my mom bought me. I stood in the mirror smiling, I felt quite confident and good about myself today. I finished by putting some sweet perfume that smelled like a sweet combination of flowers and fruits, it was my favorite.

I walked downstairs to my mom and little brother.

"What are we having for breakfast?" I was so freaking hungry.

"Pancakes and scrambled eggs with-" I ran towards her and gave her a big hug, that was my favorite thing to eat in the morning. I loved pancakes, well I actually loved food in general. I could eat anything and everything. "Well someone's in a good mood today."

"Yeah I am, but I'm also starving so give my food woman!"

She gave me my plate and I devoured it in a couple of minutes.

-

My mom parked the car and gave me a kiss on my forehead

"Have a good day sweetie!"

"Mom stop! That's embarassing oh my god, ew."

I got off the car while she was laughing and gave her a small smile as if I was saying bye mom and leave already at the same time. When she did I checked my outfit and my bag, and then started walking.

I felt fresh, new, I had definately changed in a couple of weeks, which I know it can't be possible but that's how I felt. I thought of me as a completely different person now, a better one. This was gonna be my year. I knew it.

I could feel it...

-

While I was walking my way to the main entrance, as clumsy and distracted as I am, I took every single step carefully, not wanting to star the year making a fool out of myself.

As soon as I entered the school, I saw my best friend, Alison.

"Emma!" she ran towards me gave me a hug.

"I haven't seen you in weeks! I missed you!"

We usually spent New Year's together, and hung out during christmas eve or something, but this time we couldn't because I was in a family vacation, we went to celebrate Christmas and New Year's in Colombia, with my mom's family. I was half latina, but didn't look like a latina at all. I didn't have the body, those curves whatsoever and I was usually pale. But this time I got a tan because my grandma's house was near the beach. I liked how I looked with my skin like this.

The bell rang and students started going to their classes.

I was making my way to the chemistry lab since that was my first class of the day when I spotted a guy I've never seen before leaning against the lockers with an iPhone, apparently texting. He was tall, athletic, I could barely see his six pack under that white shirt he was wearing, he had beautiful brownish caramel eyes and his hair, oh my god his hair was brown aswell, but really messy as if he had just gotten out of bed.

Damn this boy was hot...

"Like what you see?"

This was the end of chapter 1, hope you guys liked it (: