008

may 2nd, 2026
4:10 pm

BRANDON GRUNTED AS he lifted the box containing dinner plates and smaller salad plates and carried to the kitchen of his new home

Him and Kimberly were now located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington D.C, their house a simple two story house.

"Some help would be nice!" Brandon called to where Kimberly was fixing her hair in the bathroom.

"I'm gonna break a nail! I can't, babe!" Kimberly called back.

Brandon sighed but gently placed the box on the shale gray granite counter top before whirling around and heading back towards the garage.

He passed Kimberly who was trying to fashion her blonde hair into a side braid.

"Oh! Babe!" She called, making Brandon stop right in his tracks and then stick his head into the bathroom on the first floor.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Can you get lunch?"

"Sure. Whatchu feel like eating?"

Kimberly shrugged then turned back to the mirror, "Chinese sounds good. Can you get me sesame chicken?"

"Aight." Brandon replied, "Imma be back."

"KK." Kimberly said back.

Brandon strolled to the garage, where there were cardboard boxes still stacked on top of each other on the far side of the space.

His car was parked right in the driveway, as to carefully avoid making the boxes topple from their tower further inside.

After closing the garage door, Brandon moved the gear shift into reverse in order to start driving.

The closest Chinese food restaurant was fifteen minutes away and adjacent to a thriving farmer's market.

"Ah, damn." Brandon muttered softly to himself, upon noticing that there were no available parking spots in front of the Chinese restaurant.

Brandon skillfully weaved through lanes in order to make a U-Turn and avoid missing the restaurant altogether.

When Brandon got out of the car, he rubbed his hands together and then breathed a little on them, in an attempt to warm them up.